Monolithic Power Systems (MPS) - MA782
MPS MA782 is a 12-Bit, digital low power angle sensor with SPI output - It is the world's smallest absolute ICEncoder™.
The MA782 is the world's smallest absolute ICEncoder™ which detects the absolute angular position of a permanent magnet (typically a diametrically magnetized cylinder on a rotating shaft). With its power cycling ability, the sensor is suitable for applications requiring low average power. The timing can be controlled by an on-chip clock or by an external controller. Flags are available for detecting a definable amount of angle change.
The MA782 supports a wide range of magnetic field strengths and spatial configurations. Both end-of-shaft and off-axis (side-shaft mounting) configurations are supported.
The MA782 features magnetic field strength detection with programmable thresholds to allow the sensing of the magnet position relative to the sensor for the creation of functions such as the sensing of axial movements or for diagnostics.
On-chip non-volatile memory provides storage for configuration parameters, including the reference zero angle position, the power cycling parameters, the filter window affecting the output resolution and magnetic field detection thresholds.
Features and benefits
- 8 Bit to 12 Bit resolution absolute contactless angle encoder
- 1µA current consumption in idle mode
- 10mA current consumption in active mode
- Internal or external power cycling control
- Warning on change flags
- SPI serial interface for digital angle readout and chip configuration
- Magnetic field strength alarm
- 3.3V supply, I/O voltage 1.8V ... 3.3V
- -40°C to +125°C operating temperature
- Available in a QFN-14 (2mmx2mm) package
- General Purpose Angle Measurement
- Portable and Battery supplied Devices
- Low Power Potentiometer, Dial, Rotary Knob with Push Detection
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- IoT Devices
- Embedded Motion Control
- Door Locks
- Power/Speed Control Trigger Sensor
- Very Small Motors