STMicroelectronics - STM32WB Wireless Series with BLE 5.0 & IEEE 802.15.4
STM32 Wireless supports Bluetooth 5 standard as well as the 802.15.4 wireless protocols to fulfil the requirements of a wide range of applications looking for best‑in‑class radio performances.
The STM32WB series is a dualcore, multi-protocol and ultra-low-power 2.4 GHz MCU system-on-chip. Based on ST’s best-in-class,ultra-low-power STM32L4 MCU, the STM32WB series reduces development time and BOM cost, extends application battery life and inspires innovation thanks to its rich and flexible peripheral set.
Being part of the STM32 microcontroller ecosystem, an extensive set of development tools is offered to developers, including STM32Cube software, connectivity stacks, libraries, as well as STM32 Nucleo/Discovery kits and prototyping boards.
Additional dedicated development tool for connectivity (STM32CubeMonRF) is also available for radio tuning, to speed up the time-to-market.
Bluetooth 5.0 & IEEE 802.15.4
The STM32WB SoC offers multi-protocol stacks including BLE 5.0 and OpenThread as well as standardized or proprietary IEEE 802.15.4 protocols in Concurrent mode for best-in-class RF performance and an optimized BOM.
STM32WB devices offer a number of device integrity and industrial IP protection features to meet manufacturers’ increasing demand for brand protection.
- Dual-core solution in a single die
- TX: 5.5 mA, RX: 3.8 mA BLE: –96 dBm, 802.15.4: –100 dBm
- Integrated balun
- OTA firmware updates
- Crystal-less USB 2.0 FS interface
- LCD driver, integrated booster
- Quad-SPI XIP
- Customer key storage
- Secure bootloader
- Dual-core solution with independent clock trees ensures real-time RF execution and optimized PCB and BOM
- Extended battery life time. Perfect fit for coin cell battery Comfortable and robust operating distance of connection
- Reduces BOM cost and PCB footprint
- Easy fleet maintenance
- Optimized BOM cost. Battery charging detection
- Only a simple low-cost glass display is needed
- Simple way to upgrade active memory on existing designs.
- Offers brand protection, IP protection and device integrity
- Consumer applications
STM32WB - Connecting your creativity over BLE
Join our free-of-charge STM32WB hands-on workshop and simply add a 2.4-GHz interface to your STM32 application in Cambridge or Manchester, UK.
Have a question? Contact us