STMicroelectronics STM32MP1 series with dual Arm® Cortex®-A7/M4 cores
Multicore STM32MP1 architecture accelerates the development of open-source Linux-based applications with real-time and power-constrained subsystems
The STM32MP1 series embeds a dual Arm® Cortex®-A7, a Cortex®-M4 and a 3D GPU. Its flexible architecture allows high processing and real-time tasks in a single chip. Moreover, a large package offering is available to achieve lowest PCB cost structure and smallest footprint. The STM32MP1 comes with a dedicated Power Management companion IC: STPMIC1.
The STM32MP1 series drastically reduces development time thanks to ST’s mainlined, opensource OpenSTLinux Distribution and our STM32Cube toolset specially upgraded for Cortex®-A7 Linux MPU development. All STM32MP1 peripherals can be seamlessly allocated to either the Cortex®-A7 (Linux) or Cortex®-M4 core (real time).
Features & benefits
- Mainlined open-source Linux distribution with Android support available
- STM32Cube firmware and embedded software libraries for Cortex-M4 core
- An optional 3D graphics processing unit (GPU) provides for advanced HMI development
- Rich set of digital and analog peripherals
- Advanced security features
- Optimized bill of materials (BOM) thanks to: High integration, packages compatible with low-cost PCB technologies (down to 4-layer plated-through hole (PTH) PCBs) and dedicated Power Management IC (PMIC)
- Rolling 10-year longevity commitment renewed every year
- Health and Wellness
A full set of evaluation boards enables flexible prototyping as well as full STM32MP1 evaluation.
- STM32MP157C-DK2 - buy online
STM32MP1 microprocessor hands-on workshop for developers
Join our experts for a free 1-day STM32MP15x hands-on workshop. Developers will have hands-on training working with the Cortex-M4 and Cortex®-A7 (Linux) cores and get an overview of the PCB design principles.
Links and Documents
Have a question? Contact us