STMicroelectronics - LPS33W & LPS33HW
The LPS33W and LPS33HW from STMicroelectronics are MEMS based, digital barometric pressure sensors with 260-1260 hPa absolute digital output .
Both the LPS33W and the LPS33HW are an ultra-compact piezoresistive pressure sensor which function as a digital output barometer. The devices comprise a sensing element and an IC interface which communicates through I2C or SPI from the sensing element to the application.
The sensing element, which detects absolute pressure, consists of a suspended membrane manufactured using a dedicated process developed by ST.
The LPS33HW and the LPS33W are available in a holed ceramic LGA package. It is guaranteed to operate over a temperature range extending from -40 °C to +85°C. The package is holed to allow external pressure to reach the sensing element. Gel inside the IC protects the electrical components of the LPS33W from harsh environmental conditions, and the electrical components of the LPS33HW from water.
- LPS33HW: Pressure sensor with water resistant package
- LPS33W: Pressure sensor with potted gel package
- 260 to 1260 hPa absolute pressure range
- Current consumption down to 3 μA
- High overpressure capability: 20x full scale
- Embedded temperature compensation
- 24-bit pressure data output
- 16-bit temperature data output
- ODR from 1 Hz to 75 Hz
- SPI and I²C interfaces
- Embedded FIFO
- Interrupt functions: Data Ready, FIFO flags, pressure thresholds
- Supply voltage: 1.7 to 3.6 V
- ECOPACK® lead-free compliant
- Wearable devices
- Altimeter and barometer for portable devices
- GPS applications
- Weather station equipment