ROHM BD71847AMWV - System PMIC for i.MX 8M Mini Family
BD71847AMWV is a programmable Power Management IC (PMIC) for powering single-core, dual-core, and quad-core SoC’s Power Management Integrated Circuit.
BD71847AMWV integrates all power rails required by i.MX 8M Mini processors and system peripherals. In addition to integrate a sequencer compatible with power modes supported by i.MX 8M Mini processors, making it possible to significantly reduce the development time, decrease size, and simplify application design.
The power supply circuit of the BD71847AMWV, designed specifically for the power supply system of the i.MX 8M Mini processor family, integrates an 6 buck converters, 6 LDOs, and control logic that allows it to supply power not only to the processor, but the required DDR memory as well – all from a single chip. A 1.8V/3.3V power switch for SDXC cards is also built in, along with a 32.768kHz crystal oscillator driver and multiple protection circuits such as output short-circuit, output over-voltage/current, and thermal shutdown.
Buck conversion efficiency from 83 to 95% is achieved for 0.7V to 3.3V output, and the wide input voltage range from 2.7V to 5.5V supports a variety of power sources, from batteries to USB, making them ideal for i.MX 8M Mini applications. Furthermore, when single-sided mounting and Type-3 PCB is assumed, 42 fewer parts are needed compared with discrete solutions, reducing PCB area by up to 42%.
- 6 Buck Regulators
- 2.0 MHz Switching Frequency (BUCK1, BUCK2, BUCK5, BUCK7, and BUCK8).
- 1.5MHz Switching Frequency. (BUCK6)
- Target Efficiency: 83% to 95%.
- 6ch Linear Regulators (6 LDOs)
- Power Mux Switch: 1.8V/3.3V Input: 500 mΩ(Max)
- 32.768 kHz Crystal Oscillator Driver
- Power Button Detector
- Protection and Monitoring: Soft Start, Power Rails Fault Detection, UVLO, OVP and TSD
- OTP Configurable Power Sequencing
- OTP and Software Programmable Output Voltage, Ramp rates.
- Hardware Signaling with SoC for Transition into or out of Low Power States
- I2C: 100 kHz/400 kHz, 1 MHz
- Power-on Reset Output: POR_B, RTC_RESET_B,
- Watchdog Reset Input: WDOG_B:
- Power State Control: PMIC_STBY_REQ, PMIC_ON_REQ, PWRON_B
- Interrupt to SoC: IRQ_B
- Type3 PCB Applicable
- Streaming Media Boxes and Dongles
- AV Receivers and Wireless Sound Bars
- Industrial HMI, SBC, IPC and Panel Computer
- Consumer Electronics:
- Audio video (AV) receivers
- Public address Systems
- Surround sound and Sound bard
- Voice Assistants
- Voice control
- Home and Building control:
- Digital signage
- Image analytics
- Machine visual inspection
- Smart Lighting
- Two-way video conferencing
- Video door-bell
- Wireless smart lighting
BD71847AMWV - How to Power the NXP i.MX 8M Mini Processor Family Efficiently
We will introduce you to the BD71847, provide a general product overview and addressable applications, and take a look at the buck performance as well as timing results necessary to power-up and down the NXP processor safely.
Have a question? Contact us