NXP MC33GD3000 Three-phase Gate Driver IC
NXP's GD3000 is a gate driver IC for three-phase motor drive applications providing The device provides three half-bridge drivers, each capable of driving two N-channel MOSFETs.
The device can operate of a single power supply with a wide range from 6V to 60V with 75V transient protection.
The IC interfaces to a MCU via six direct input control signals, a SPI port for device setup and asynchronous reset, enable and interrupt signals. Both 5.0 and 3.0 V logic level inputs are accepted, and 5.0 V logic level outputs are provided.
- Supports 1A to 2.5A peak current capability
- Uses a bootstrap gate driver architecture with trickle charge circuitry to support 100% duty cycle
- Uses programmable cross-talk protection when the high-side or low-side MOSFET is switching to prevent flow of current
- Integrated VDS sensing of the high-side and low-side MOSFETs is used to protect the external power stage against over-current conditions
- Includes a current shunt amplifier for accurate current measurement for phase error detection
- 56-pin QFN
- Wide voltage operating range, powerful gate to drive for high gate charge (Q) MOSFETs & fast switching speeds for scalability
- Protection against transient spikes and reverse charge injection and full fault monitoring for safety
- Hardware and Software enablement tools for easy development start-up with S32K144 or MPC5744P automotive MCUs
- Internal charge pump and small package to allow reduced PCB size for size-sensitive applications
48V electrical system and loads
The 48V electrical system is the key technology for electrification, ADAS and new comfort features.
Have a question? Contact us