NXP i.MX RT1010
i.MX RT1010 - Crossover MCU family of communicators from NXP
i.MX RT1010 is the latest break-through product in the i.MX RT series.
The i.MX RT1010 expands the i.MX RT crossover MCU families by providing the lowest-cost Arm® Cortex-M7® in the market, coupled with a high-performance feature set in low-cost LQFP packages, further simplifying board design and layout for customers. The i.MX RT1010 runs on the Arm® Cortex-M7® core at up to 500 MHz.
- High performance, real-time processing
- Arm® Cortex-M7 running up to 500 MHz
- Low latency response of 20 ns
- 128KB tightly coupled memory (TCM)
- Low cost
- Lowest -cost high-performance MCU
- 80LQFP package enables true two-layer PCB design
- Fully integrated PMIC with DC-DC
- Rich integration
- Quad/Octal SPI NOR Flash memory interface
- USB 2.0 HS OTG interface with PHY
- I2S, S/PDIF audio interface
- Support for wireless standards
- Flexible interfacing through FlexIO
- Smart connected appliances
- Guitar pedals
- Professional microphone
- Smart Home
- Door locks
- Smart thermostats
- Lighting control
- Security systems
- Factory automation
- Programmable logic controller
- Unmanned vehicle (ground, air, water)
i.MX RT Series | Flexible Memory Expansion
The i.MX RT products are essentially MCUs that shed the burden of on-chip flash, which not only reduces the cost, but it also helps enable higher frequency operation for increased processor performance—which in turn lets product designers boost capabilities, increase efficiency and add more features. The i.MX RT series is built on applications processors’ chassis fully utilizing the scaling benefits of advanced technology nodes (40nm and smaller). SRAM is further configured within the crossover design architecture to function as TCM with ‘zero-wait’ single cycle access to dramatically increase system performance. This key design feature enables the crossover processor’s effective performance to be significantly better than any traditional MCU counterpart. The FlexSPI interface also provides memory expansion for external serial Flash / PSRAM, Quad or Octal data lines.
i.MX RT Series | FlexIO
FlexIO is a highly configurable module providing a wide range of functionality including emulation of a variety of communication protocols such as UART, I2C, SPI, I2S. This means that customers using the i.MX RT series have the ultimate flexibility in their design to add more of the peripherals they need. Additionally, the FlexIO module consists of a flexible 16-bit timers with support for a variety of trigger, reset, enable and disable conditions. The FlexIO module has programmable logic blocks for implementing digital logic functions on-chip and programmable state machine for offloading basic system control functions from the CPU.
Evaluation kit: MIMXRT1010-EVK
The i.MX RT1010 EVK is a two-layer low-cost through-hole USB-powered PCB. At its heart lies the i.MX RT1010 crossover MCU in an 80LQFP package, featuring NXP’s advanced implementation of the Arm® Cortex®-M7 core. This core operates at speeds of up to 500 MHz to provide high CPU performance and best real-time response.
Two-layer through hole PCB
- 128 Mb QSPI Flash
- Audio Codec
- 4-pole audio headphone jack
- External speaker connection
- Micro USB OTG connector
- Arduino interface
- JTAG connector
- On-board DAP-Link debugger
- MCUXpresso SDK
- Extensive suite of robust peripheral drivers, stacks, and middleware
- Includes software examples demonstrating use of peripheral drivers and middleware
- Supported Integrated Development Environments (IDE)
- MCUXprersso IDE
- IAR® Embedded Workbench
- Arm Keil® Microcontroller Development Kit
- MCUXpresso Config Tools
- An integrated suite of configuration tools that helps guide users from first evaluation to production software development
- Includes pins, clocks and peripheral tools for generation of MCUXpresso SDK code
Win a Free Kit!
For your chance to win one of 20x MIMXRT1010-EVKs, 2x MIMXRT1020-EVKs, 2x MIMXRT1050-EVKs or 2x MIMXRT1060-EVKs, please fill out the form below, stating your kit of preference, and you will be entered into the free draw.
Have a question? Contact us