FS6500 - fail silent system basis chip with DC/DC up to 2.2A on Vcore
The NXP FS6500 system basis chip (SBC) provides power to MCUs and optimizes energy consumption through DC/DC switching regulators, linear regulators and ultra-low-power saving modes. Featuring:
- Advanced functional safety measures
- A serial peripheral interface (SPI) to allow control and diagnostics with the MCU
- Integration of CAN FD and LIN physical interfaces compliant with the ISO 11898-2,-5, LIN 2.2, 2.1/J2602-2 standards along with the latest automotive OEM standards for EMC and ESD
- A range of integrated safety features such as monitoring of critical analog parameters, a failsafe state machine and an advanced watchdog reduce software complexity with dual-core lock-step MCUs.
- Efficient Dual DC/DC supply, from 0.5A up to 2.2A; Buck pre regulator with optional Boost to fit with LV124
- Configurable Safety architecture allowing independent monitoring of critical parameters and system availability; Independent fail safe state machine supporting highest functional safety standards
- CAN FD and CAN-Less family of products supporting a wide range of system scalable solutions.
- System integration: Analog Multiplexer, battery sensing, long duration timer and keep alive memory supply to reduce BOM
- Availability: voltage operation from 2.7V up to 36V
- Ultra Low Power Modes (30µA), -50% versus competition
- High-temperature capability up to TA = 150 °C and TJ = 175 °C, compliant with AECQ100 Grade 0 automotive qualification
- Electrical power steering, engine/battery management
- Active suspension, gear box, transmission
- EV, HEV, inverter, ADAS
- Automation (PLC, robotics), medical (infusion pump, stairs)
- Building control (lift), transportation (military, mobile machine)
48V electrical system and loads
The 48V electrical system is the key technology for electrification, ADAS and new comfort features.
Have a question? Contact us