Nordic Semiconductor nRF5340 PDK
Preview development kit for the nRF5340, a dual processor SoC supporting Bluetooth 5.1, Bluetooth mesh, NFC, Thread & Zigbee
The nRF5340 PDK includes an NFC antenna that quickly enables testing of nRF5340 SoC’s NFC-A tag peripheral. A SEGGER J-Link debugger is on the board, enabling full-blown programming and debugging, of both the nR5340 SoC and external targets.
All analog and digital interfaces, and GPIOs are available via connectors. The PDK is Arduino Uno Rev3 hardware compatible, it can be easily interfaced with external device shields, including the Power Profiler Kit.
It can be powered by USB or by an external source, but also includes a CR2032 battery holder and a Li-Po battery connector, for in-field testing. Power consumption can be measured with dedicated power measurement pins.
The nRF Connect SDK is the software development kit for the nRF5340 SoC and has board support for the nRF5340 PDK. It offers a complete solution that integrates the Zephyr RTOS, protocol stacks, application examples and hardware drivers. nRF Connect SDK is publicly hosted on GitHub, offers source code management with Git and has free SEGGER Embedded Studio IDE support.
The nRF5340 PDK is for evaluation purposes only, it is a preview development kit, and will be replaced by the nRF5340 DK.
The box includes an nRF5340 PDK, an NFC antenna and a CR2032 battery.
- Affordable, versatile preview development kit for nRF5340 SoC
- Arduino Rev3 compatible
- 2.4 GHz and NFC antennas
- SWF RF connector
- SEGGER J-Link OB programmer/debugger
- User-programmable LEDs (4) and buttons (4)
- Pins for measuring power consumption
- 1.7-5.0 V supply from USB, external, Li-Po battery or CR2032 coin cell battery
- nRF5340 SoC
- High performance 128 MHz Arm Cortex-M33 application processor with 1 MB Flash and 256 KB RAM
- Fully programmable, ultra-low power 64 MHz Arm Cortex-M33 network processor with 256 KB Flash and 64 KB RAM
- Bluetooth 5.1 Direction Finding and Long Range
- Thread and Zigbee
- Trusted execution with Arm TrustZone
- Root-of-trust with Arm CryptoCell 312
- 105°C extended operating temperature
- Professional lighting and industrial
- Smart home
- Asset tracking and RTLS
The nRF5340 SoC supports an extensive range of wireless protocols. It supports Bluetooth Low Energy, and is capable of all AoA and AoD roles in Bluetooth 5.1 Direction Finding, in addition to all Bluetooth 5 features, including Long Range.
Have a question? Contact us