Nordic Semiconductor nRF52833
nRF52833 - Bluetooth 5.1 SoC supporting Bluetooth mesh, Thread and Zigbee, qualified for up to 105°C ambient temperature
The ultra-low power nRF52833 is a multiprotocol SoC with a Bluetooth® 5.1 Direction Finding capable radio, qualified for operation at an extended temperature range of -40°C to 105°C. It supports Bluetooth 5.1, Bluetooth mesh, 802.15.4, Thread, Zigbee, and proprietary 2.4GHz protocols. It is the 5th addition to the industry leading nRF52® Series and includes higher end features such as a Full-speed 12 Mbps USB, High-speed 32 MHz SPI, and +8dBm output power. The nRF52833 is built around a 64 MHz Arm® Cortex®-M4F and has 512 KB flash and 128 KB RAM memory available for higher value applications.
It includes analog and digital interfaces such as NFC-A, ADC, UART/SPI/TWI, PWM, I2S and PDM. The SoC has a 1.7 V to 5.5 V supply voltage range (two stage LDO, one DC-DC converter), which enables powering the device from coin-cells, rechargeable batteries or over USB. The extended temperature range up to 105°C, a generous amount of memory, and concurrent multiprotocol support ensures the nRF52833 is an ideal device for a wide range of commercial and industrial applications, including professional lighting and asset tracking. A 1:4 RAM to Flash ratio, +8dBm output power make the nRF52833 suitable for advanced wearables or smart home applications that require robust coverage.
The nRF52833 is supported by the nRF5 SDK, providing all necessary examples, libraries and drivers to get started with Bluetooth, Thread or Zigbee development. The nRF52833 has Bluetooth 5 qualified protocol stack support using either the S113 or S140 SoftDevices from Nordic Semiconductor. S140 is a feature complete Bluetooth 5 protocol stack and includes support for high throughput with 2 Mbps transfer, Bluetooth Long Range, and improved coexistence with Channel Selection Algorithm #2.
- Bluetooth 5.1, IEE 802.15.4-2006, 2.4 GHz transceiver
- -20 to +8dBm TX power configurable in 4 dB steps
- -95 dBm sensitivity in 1 Mbps Bluetooth Low Energy mode
- Bluetooth 5.1 Direction Finding capable
- 64 MHz 32 bit Arm Cortex-M4 core with FPU
- 512 kB Flash w/cache + 128 kB RAM memory
- -40°C to 105°C operating range
- 1.7 V to 5.5 V supply voltage range
- Wide range of analog and digital peripherals, including USB, NFC, ADC, HS-SPI, SPI, UART, I2C, TIMER, RTC, PWM, I2S and PDM
- Concurrent multiprotocol support, including support for Bluetooth LE alongside Bluetooth mesh, Thread, or Zigbee
- Professional lighting
- Asset tracking and wayfinding
- Multiprotocol devices
- Mesh networks
- Advanced wearables
- Smart home automation
- VR / AR
- Sports and fitness
The nRF52833 DK is a versatile single board development kit for the Bluetooth® Low Energy, Bluetooth mesh, Thread, Zigbee (802.15.4), and 2.4GHz proprietary applications using the nRF52833 SoC. The kit supports all development for the nRF52833 SoC.
Have a question? Contact us