Micron® Xccela™ Flash Memory
With Xccela flash, system designers no longer have to choose between the performance of parallel NOR and the small footprint of serial NOR.
Xccela ™ flash memory sets a new record for NOR flash speeds to meet the demand for instant-on performance and fast system responsiveness in automotive, industrial, consumer and networking applications. Xccela flash uses a new interface with as few as 11 active signals. It delivers 5X performance while reducing pin count by 4X, energy consumption by 3X and package size by 2X compared to the page mode parallel NOR solution. In addition to enabling one of the fastest possible direct code execution and shadowing, Xccela flash paves the way for simpler system designs, lower system costs and lower energy consumption.
Key features & benefits
- Densities: 256Mb to 2Gb
- Performance: Up to 200 MHz in double data rate (DDR) with data strobe, 400 MB/s read throughput or 166 MHz in single transfer rate, 166 MB/s read throughput, 73.3ns initial access time and 2.5ns subsequent access time, 2 MB/s (256 bytes page buffer) program throughput
- Interface: Standard single SPI interface and octal I/O interface, along with DDR mode, to enable a high degree of flexibility, performance and backward compatibility; only 11 active signals for DDR operation
- Single Supply Voltage: Low-voltage range (1.7–2.0V) or full voltage range (2.7–3.6V) support
- Energy Consumption: Low 28 pJ/bit energy consumption
- Package Options: Industry-standard, Pb-free TBGA24
- Temperature Range: Full industrial (–40°C to 85°C) and automotive AEC-Q 100 Grade 2/Grade 1 (–40°C to 105°C/125°C) temperature support to address a variety of applications
- Security*: Hardware and software block protection; one-time programmable region
Micron NOR Flash product family
|Product Family||Voltage Range||Sector Erase Size||Bus Width||Density Range1||Max Clock/Max Data Transfer Rate||Package1|
|Uniform 4KB, 32KB, 128KB||x1, x8||256Mb–2Gb||200 MHz DDR
|MT25T||2.7–3.6V||Uniform 4KB, 32KB, 64KB||x1, x2, x4, x8||256Mb–1Gb||166 MHz (166 MB/s)||BGA|
|Uniform 4KB, 32KB, 64KB||x1, x2, x4||128Mb–2Gb||166 MHz (83 MB/s)||DFN, BGA,
|MT28EW||1.65–3.6V||Uniform 128KB||x8, x16||128Mb–1Gb||95ns, 20ns page||TSOP, BGA|
|MT28FW||1.65–3.6V||Uniform 128KB||x16||512Mb–2Gb2||105ns, 20ns page||TSOP, BGA|
1. Not all densities available in all package and voltage combinations.
2. Stacked solution.