Maxim Integrated MAX17613
MAX17613A - 4.5V to 60V, 3A current-limiter with OV, UV, and reverse protection
Industry's Most Integrated OCP and OVP Solution with Robust Reverse Current Blocking Capability
The Olympus series of ICs is the industry's smallest and most robust integrated system protection solution. The MAX17613A/MAX17613B/MAX17613C adjustable overvoltage and overcurrent protection devices are ideal to protect systems against positive and negative input voltage faults up to +60V and -65V, and feature low 130m Ω (typ) RON FETs.
The adjustable input overvoltage protection range is 5.5V to 60V and the adjustable input undervoltage protection range is 4.5V to 59V. The input overvoltage-lockout (OVLO) and undervoltage-lockout (UVLO) thresholds are set using external resistors. Additionally, the devices offer an internal input undervoltage threshold at 4.2V (typ).
The devices feature programmable current-limit protection up to 3A; hence, controlling the inrush current at startup while charging high capacitance at the output. The current-limit threshold is programmed by connecting a resistor from the SETI pin to GND. When the device current reaches the programmed threshold, the device prevents further increases in current by modulating the FET resistance. The devices can be programmed to behave in three different ways under current-limit condition: autoretry, continuous, or latchoff modes. The voltage appearing on the SETI pin is proportional to the instantaneous current flowing through the device and can be read by an ADC.
MAX17613A and MAX17613C block current flowing in the reverse direction (i.e., from OUT to IN) whereas MAX17613B allows current flow in the reverse direction. The devices feature thermal shutdown protection against excessive power dissipation.
The devices are available in a small, 20-pin (4mm x 4mm) TQFN-EP package and operate over the -40°C to +125°C extended temperature range.
- Robust Protection Reduces System Downtime
- Wide Input-Supply Range of +4.5V to +60V
- Hot Plug-in Tolerant without TVS up to 35V Input Supply
- Negative Input Tolerance up to -65V
- Low RON 130m Ω (typ)
- Reverse Current-Blocking Protection
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Programmable Startup Blanking Time
- Extended -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- MAX17613A Enables OV, UV, and Reverse Voltage Protection
- MAX17613B Enables OV and UV Protection
- MAX17613C Enables Reverse Voltage Protection
- Flexible Design Options Enable Reuse and Less Requalification
- Adjustable OVLO and UVLO Thresholds
- Programmable Forward Current Limit: 0.15A to 3A with ±3.5% Accuracy
- Accuracy Over Full Temperature Range
- Programmable Overcurrent Fault Response: Autoretry, Continuous, and Latchoff Modes
- Smooth Current Transitions
- Saves Board Space and Reduces External BOM Count
- 20-Pin, 4mm x 4mm, TQFN-EP Package Integrated FETs
- Condition Monitoring
- Factory Sensors
- Industrial Applications such as PLC, Control Network Modules, Battery-Operated Modules
- Process Instrumentation
- Sensor Systems
- Weighing and Batching Systems
System Power Protection ICs
Maxim's complete system protection ICs integrate back-to-back MOSFETs for robust protection with nanosecond response times.
Register for MyMaxim
Registering for MyMaxim allows you to get the most up to date information about Maxim Integrated! You can subscribe to their newsletters, market updates, select product interests and peruse their massive video library.
Have a question? Contact us