Marvell 88Q2110 & 88Q2112 100/1000BASE-T1 Automotive PHY
88Q2110 & 88Q2112 - 100/1000Mbps IEEE 802.3bp compliant Automotive Ethernet PHY
Marvell® 88Q2110/88Q2112 solutions are single pair Ethernet physical layer transceivers (PHYs) that implement the Ethernet physical layer portion of the 100/1000BASE-T1 standard as defined by the IEEE 802.3bw and IEEE 802.3bp standard. Ideally suited for a wide range of automotive applications, they are manufactured using a standard digital CMOS process and contain all the active circuitry required to implement the physical layer functions to transmit and receive data on a single balanced twisted pair.
88Q2110/88Q2112 integrates media dependent interface (MDI) termination resistors into the PHY which simplifies the board layout and reduces board cost by reducing the number of external components. Also, they support an integrated linear voltage regulator to generate all required voltages so the device can run off a single 3.3V supply. Both solutions support 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V LVCMOS I/O standards.
In addition, 88Q2110/88Q2112 utilize advanced mixed-signal processing to perform equalization, echo and crosstalk cancellation, data recovery, and error correction at a data rate of either 100Mbps or 1Gbps. This is to achieve robust performance and exceed automotive electromagnetic interference (EMI) requirements in noisy environments with very low power dissipation.
- Four RGMII timing modes including integrated delays
- Signal quality indicator (SQI)
- Integrated Virtual Cable Tester
- Integrated passive filter network
- Integrated LDO
- Automotive Package
- Automotive Qualified
- Eliminates the need for adding trace delays on thePCB
- Signal quality indicator (SQI) tool provides signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) data
- VCT tool used for cable diagnostics
- Reduced BOM/board space
- 3.3V only operation
- 40-pin QFN, 6 mm × 6 mm(88Q2110)
- 48-pin QFN, 7 mm × 7 mm(88Q2112)
- Automotive Grade 2 (-40 °C to +105 °C)
- Automotive infotainment systems
- Advanced driver assist systems
- Automotive diagnostics
- Body electronics
Avnet Silica & Marvell
Automotive Ethernet Switches
Avnet Silica partners with Marvell to help develop cutting-edge customer solutions using the latest Ethernet Technologies. Discover why Ethernet Switches in particular, will have a critical role in vehicles E/E architectures.
Have a question? Contact us