Marvell 88Q1010 100BASE-T1 PHY
88Q1010 - 100Mbps IEEE 802.3bw compliant Automotive Ethernet PHY
The Marvell® 88Q1010 solution is a single pair Ethernet physical layer transceiver (PHY) which implements the Ethernet physical layer portion of the 100BASE-T1 standard as defi ned by the IEEE 802.3bw task force. Ideally suited for a wide range of automotive applications, it is manufactured using a standard digital CMOS process and contains all the active circuitry required to implement the physical layer functions to transmit and receive data on a single balanced twisted pair.
88Q1010 integrates media dependent interface (MDI) termination resistors into the PHY which simplifi es the board layout and reduces board cost by reducing the number of external components. It has an integrated linear voltage regulator to generate all required voltages so the device can run off a single 3.3V supply. The solution supports 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V LVCMOS I/O standards.
In addition, 88Q1010 uses advanced mixed-signal processing to perform equalization, echo, data recovery, and error correction at a 100Mbps data rate to achieve robust performance and exceed automotive electromagnetic interference (EMI) requirements in noisy environments with very low power dissipation.
Finally, 88Q1010 is compatible to the footprint of the 88Q2110 100/1000BASE-T1 Ethernet PHY transceiver to ensure an upward path to 1Gbps designs.
- 802.1AS and 1-step PTP
- Signal quality indicator (SQI)
- Integrated Virtual Cable Tester
- Integrated passive fi lter network
- Integrated LDO
- Low power signal detect (LPSD)
- Automotive Package
- Automotive Qualified
- Support for Precision time protocol (PTP)
- Signal quality indicator (SQI) tool provides signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) data
- VCT tool used for cable diagnostics
- Reduced BOM/board space
- 3.3V only operation
- Capable of energy detect mode which consumes < 30 A
- 40-QFN, 6.0×6.0 mm, 0.5 mm pitch, wettable fl anks
- Automotive Grade 1 (-40 °C to +125 °C)
- Automotive infotainment systems
- Advanced driver assist systems
- Automotive diagnostics
- Body electronics
Avnet Silica & Marvell
Automotive Ethernet Switches
Avnet Silica partners with Marvell to help develop cutting-edge customer solutions using the latest Ethernet Technologies. Discover why Ethernet Switches in particular, will have a critical role in vehicles E/E architectures.
Have a question? Contact us