Torex XCL210A - portfolio of ultra-low quiescent current step-down micro DC-DC converter modules with integrated inductor
The XCL210 series is a synchronous step-down micro DC/DC converter which integrates an inductor and a control IC in one tiny package (2.0mm×2.5mm, h=1.0mm). An internal coil simplifies the circuit and enables minimization of noise and other operational trouble due to the circuit wiring. A wide operating voltage range of 2.0V to 6.0V enables support for applications that require an internally fixed output voltage from 1.0V to 4.0V(Type A/B/C/D), 0.6V to 0.95V(Type F/H) in increments of 0.05V. During stand-by, all circuits are shutdown to reduce currentconsumption to as low as 0.1μA or less.
With the built-in UVLO (Under Voltage Lock Out) function, the internal P-channel MOS driver transistor is forced OFF when input voltage becomes UVLO ditect Voltage or lower.
The XCL210 integrate CL discharge function which enables the electric charge at the output capacitor CL to be discharged via the internal discharge switch located between the LX and VSS pins. When the devices enter stand-by mode, output voltage quickly returns to the VSS level as a result of this function.
Features & benefits
- 0.5µA Quiescent Current
- PFM Control Mode
- Excellent Light Load Efficiency (~90% @ 100µA)
- Capable of supplying 200mA Load Current
- Low Output Voltage Ripple
- Integrated Coil reduces conducted EMI
- Integrated Coil minimizes total solution size
- Only 2 small ceramic capacitors are required.
- Maximizes Battery Life
- Only 1mm in height
- Small 2.00 x 2.5mm package
- Ideal for Li-Ion batteries and 2 or 3 cell alkaline battery applications
- Used for increasing battery life whilst in Standby Mode of operation
- Vin Range allows operation from USB port and thin-film solar modules
- Extensively used in Wearable applications such as a smart watch
- Used in RF Electronic security and monitoring systems
- Can be used in Energy harvesting applications