ST's new IPS4260L offers high robustness and rich diagnostics for smart automation
The IPS4260L is a monolithic high speed (FSW = 100 kHz) intelligent low side power switch, which can drive four independent capacitive, resistive or inductive loads with one side connected to supply voltage.
Low side switches are devices designed to be blow-out proof, and the peak output current can be limited to a safe value. Thermal shutdown avoids overheating and the outputs are protected against short circuits.
Ideal for motor controls, industrial-PC peripherals, PLCs, and general low-side switching of loads, the IPS4260L provides fast switching time (tr, tf <1 μs), smart demagnetization, protections and rich diagnostics for smart manufacturing applications.
- 8 V to 50 V operating voltage range
- Four independent protected channels
- High speed operation (tr , tf < 1 μs)
- Programmable load current limitation level by external resistor up to 3A
- Programmable logic control
- Industrial PC peripheral input/output
- Numerical control machines
- General low-side switch applications
|Order code||Short description||Packing|
|IPS4260L||Quad low-side intelligent power switch||Tray|
|IPS4260LTR||Quad low-side intelligent power switch||Tape & Reel|
Tools and software
|Order code||Short description|
|STEVAL-IFP029V1||Quad low side driver demonstration board based on IPS4260L|
|STEVAL-PCC009V2||IBU Motor Control & IPS universal interface|
|STSW-IFP029GUI||Graphical user interface for the STEVAL-IFP029V1 evaluation board|