A3G4250D - 3-axis digital gyroscope for automotive telematics, navigation applications
The A3G4250D is a low-power 3-axis angular rate sensor able to provide unprecedented stability at zero rate level and sensitivity over temperature and time. It includes a sensing element and an IC interface capable of providing the measured angular rate to the external world through a standard SPI digital interface. An I2C-compatible interface is also available.
The sensing element is manufactured using a dedicated micro-machining process developed by STMicroelectronics to produce inertial sensors and actuators on silicon wafers.
The IC interface is manufactured using a CMOS process that allows a high level of integration to design a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the sensing element characteristics.
The A3G4250D has a full scale of ±245 dps and is capable of measuring rates with a user-selectable bandwidth.
The A3G4250D is available in a plastic land grid array (LGA) package and can operate within a temperature range of -40 °C to +85 °C.
Features & benefits
- Wide supply voltage: 2.4 V to 3.6 V
- ±245 dps full scale
- I2C/SPI digital output interface
- 16-bit rate value data output, 8-bit temperature data output
- Two digital output lines (interrupt and data ready)
- Integrated low and high-pass filters with user-selectable bandwidth
- Ultra-stable over temperature and time
- Low-voltage-compatible IOs (1.8 V)
- Embedded power-down and sleep mode
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded FIFO
- High shock survivability
- Extended operating temperature range (-40 °C to +85 °C)
- AEC-Q100 qualification
- In-dash car navigation
- Telematics, e-Tolling
- Motion control with MMI (man-machine interface)
- Appliances and robotics