NXP - LPC5500 Single & Dual-core Arm® Cortex®-M33 MCU Series
LPC5500 Series: world’s first Arm® Cortex® -M33 based microcontroller series for mass market, leveraging 40nm Embedded Flash technology with TrustZone
The LPC5500 MCU series leverages Arm's most recent Cortex-M33 technology, combining significant product architecture enhancements and greater integration over previous generations; with dramatic power consumption improvements and advanced security features including SRAM PUF based root of trust and provisioning, real-time execution from encrypted images (internal flash), and asset protection with Arm TrustZone-M. In addition, the LPC5500 MCU series features seven scalable families, with a broad package and memory options, as well as a comprehensive MCUXpresso Software and Tools ecosystem and low-cost development boards.
- Accessible security with SRAM PUF based root of trust and provisioning, real-time execution from encrypted images (internal flash), and asset protection with Arm TrustZone-M.
- Breakthrough in performance efficiency with integrated power management IC (DC-DC) and dedicated co-processors for signal processing and cryptographic acceleration.
- Comprehensive offering and scalability, comprised of several families within this series, all benefiting from 40nm cost advantages, broad scalable package and memory options, robust enablement including MCUXpresso Software
- 32uA/MHz performance efficiency with single & dual Cortex-M33 options to bring added performance & power efficiency options
- Delivering > 370 CoreMarks (96MHz) to ensure time awake is productive
LPC55S6x MCU family
The LPC55S6x MCU family builds on the world’s first general-purpose Cortex-M33 based microcontroller introduced with the LPC5500 series. This high-efficiency family leverages the new Armv8-M architecture to introduce new levels of performance and advanced security capabilities including TrustZone-M and co-processor extensions.
The LPC55S6x family enables these co-processors extensions and leverages them to bring significant signal processing efficiency gains from a proprietary DSP accelerator offering a 10x clock cycle reduction. An optional second Cortex-M33 core offers flexibility to balance high performance and power efficiency.
LPCXpresso55S69 development board (LPC55S69-EVK)
The LPCXpresso™ family of boards provides a powerful and flexible development system for NXP's Cortex-M family of MCUs. The LPCXpresso55S69 board has been developed by NXP to enable evaluation of and prototyping with the LPC55S69 MCU.
- LPC55S69 dual-Cortex-M33 core processor
- Onboard, high-speed USB, Link2 debug probe
- Flexible expansion – Arduino, Mikroe and PMod headers
- Various on-board interfaces and components
LPC55S6x MCU family options
|LPC55S69JBD100||640 KB||320 KB||LQFP100|
|LPC55S66JBD100||256 KB||144 KB||LQFP100|
|LPC55S69JET98||640 KB||320 KB||VFBGA98|
|LPC55S66JET98||256 KB||144 KB||VFBGA98|
Block diagram - LPC55S6X MCU family
NXP LPC55xx hands-on training
Avnet Silica and NXP are inviting you to discover the new LPC5500 MCUs with workshops in Italy and Belgium. You will have the opportunity to assist to presentations and run hands-on trainings.
Have a question? Contact us