NXP - LPC5500 Single & Dual-core Arm® Cortex®-M33 MCU Series
LPC5500 Series: world’s first Arm® Cortex® -M33 based microcontroller series for mass market, leveraging 40nm Embedded Flash technology with TrustZone
The LPC5500 MCU series leverages Arm's most recent Cortex-M33 technology, combining significant product architecture enhancements and greater integration over previous generations; with dramatic power consumption improvements and advanced security features including SRAM PUF based root of trust and provisioning, real-time execution from encrypted images (internal flash), and asset protection with Arm TrustZone-M. In addition, the LPC5500 MCU series features seven scalable families, with a broad package and memory options, as well as a comprehensive MCUXpresso Software and Tools ecosystem and low-cost development boards.
- Accessible security with SRAM PUF based root of trust and provisioning, real-time execution from encrypted images (internal flash), and asset protection with Arm TrustZone-M.
- Breakthrough in performance efficiency with integrated power management IC (DC-DC) and dedicated co-processors for signal processing and cryptographic acceleration.
- Comprehensive offering and scalability, comprised of several families within this series, all benefiting from 40nm cost advantages, broad scalable package and memory options, robust enablement including MCUXpresso Software
- 32uA/MHz performance efficiency with single & dual Cortex-M33 options to bring added performance & power efficiency options
- Delivering > 370 CoreMarks (96MHz) to ensure time awake is productive
LPC55S6x MCU family
The LPC55S6x MCU family builds on the world’s first general-purpose Cortex-M33 based microcontroller introduced with the LPC5500 series. This high-efficiency family leverages the new Armv8-M architecture to introduce new levels of performance and advanced security capabilities including TrustZone-M and co-processor extensions.
The LPC55S6x family enables these co-processors extensions and leverages them to bring significant signal processing efficiency gains from a proprietary DSP accelerator offering a 10x clock cycle reduction. An optional second Cortex-M33 core offers flexibility to balance high performance and power efficiency.
LPCXpresso55S69 development board (LPC55S69-EVK)
The LPCXpresso™ family of boards provides a powerful and flexible development system for NXP's Cortex-M family of MCUs. The LPCXpresso55S69 board has been developed by NXP to enable evaluation of and prototyping with the LPC55S69 MCU.
- LPC55S69 dual-Cortex-M33 core processor
- Onboard, high-speed USB, Link2 debug probe
- Flexible expansion – Arduino, Mikroe and PMod headers
- Various on-board interfaces and components
LPC55S6x MCU family options
|LPC55S69JBD100||640 KB||320 KB||LQFP100|
|LPC55S66JBD100||256 KB||144 KB||LQFP100|
|LPC55S69JET98||640 KB||320 KB||VFBGA98|
|LPC55S66JET98||256 KB||144 KB||VFBGA98|
Block diagram - LPC55S6X MCU family
NXP LPC55xx hands-on training
Avnet Silica and NXP are inviting you to discover the new LPC5500 MCUs with workshop in Slovakia. You will have the opportunity to assist to presentations and run hands-on trainings.
Have a question? Contact us