Microchip SAMA5D2 – MPU based system on module
Simplify industrial-grade Linux® designs with SAMA5D2 MPU-based system on module (SOM) from Microchip
There is a great deal of design effort and complexity associated with creating an industrial-grade microprocessor (MPU)-based system. The ATSAMA5D27-SOM1, which contains the ARM® Cortex®-A5 ATSAMA5D27C-D1G-CU System in Package (SiP), greatly simplifies design by integrating the power management, non-volatile boot memory, Ethernet PHY and high-speed lower power DDR2 memory onto a small, single-sided Printed Circuit Board (PCB). The SAMA5D27 SOM1 is built on a common set of proven Microchip components and limits the design rules of the main application board, reducing overall PCB complexity and cost.
- SAMA5D27 ARM Cortex-A5 processor
- 1Gb (128MB) DDR2 DRAM
- On-board power management unit
- Single 3.3V supply
- Pre-programmed EUI-48 MAC address
- Industrial temperature range (-40 to 85°C)
- 40 x 38 mm Module, 0.8 mm pitch
You can solder the SOM on a mother board and take it to production, or it can be used as a reference design along with the free schematics, design and Gerber files and complete bill of materials which are available online. You can also transition from the SOM to the SiP or the SAMA5D2 MPU itself, depending on your design needs. No matter which option you select, all products are backed by Microchip’s customer-driven obsolescence policy which ensures availability for as long as needed.
- Highly integrated small, single-sided PCB enables smaller, efficient designs
- Power management, non-volatile boot memory, Ethernet PHY and high-speed DDR memory
- Eliminates key design challenges around EMI, ESD, signal integrity and security
- SOM provides reference design, production-ready module and migration to SiP or MPU