Microchip MGC3140 - 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller
Interaction without distraction - the MGC3140 is one of the first automotive-qualified capacitive gesture controllers.
The MGC3140 is the world’s first electrical near–field (E-field) 3D gesture controller. Based on Microchip’s patented GestIC® technology, it enables user gesture detection and motion tracking.
GestIC® technology benefits
- True single-chip gesture solution for embedded usage
- From 0 (touch) to 20 cm detection range
- Very low–power design
- No detection blind spots
- No ambient influences (light/sound)
- Usage of thin, low-cost sensing electrodes, e.g. standard PCB
- Requires no openings in the housing
- Highest gesture detection reliability
- Active noise handling
- 44-100 kHz carrier frequency no RF interference
GestIC technology products
|Product||Status||Proximity detection||Output channels||Report rate (pps)||Power modes|
Microchip’s MGC3140 is a 3D gesture and motion tracking controller based on Microchip’s patented GestIC® technology – suitable for consumer, industrial and automotive applications. It enables robust user interfaces with natural hand and finger movements utilizing the principles of electrical near-field sensing.
Implemented as a low-power mixed-signal configurable controller, the MGC3140 provides a compelling set of smart functional features such as gesture recognition while using adaptive working frequencies for robust performance in noisy environments. Microchip’s on-chip Colibri gesture suite removes the need for host post-processing and reduces system power consumption, resulting in low software development efforts for short time-to-market success.
The MGC3140 represents a unique and high-performance single-chip gesture solution focusing on automotive applications. MGC3140 provides proximity, gesture detection and driver recognition, thus enabling modern and compelling user interfaces to be created.
- Automotive Applications
- Audio Products
- Notebooks/Keyboards/PC Peripherals
- Home Automation
- White Goods
- Medical Products
- Game Controllers
Power Operation Modes
Several Power Operation Modes Including:
- Processing Mode: 29 mA, typical
- Deep Sleep: 85 μA, typical
- Automotive Qualification AEC Q100 Grade 1
- Recognition of 3D Hand Gestures and x, y, z Positional Data
- Proximity and Touch Sensing
Sharper Senses - Sharper Portfolio
Advanced sensing techniques make cars safer for their occupants and other road-users.
Have a question? Contact us