Microchip dsPIC33CH Dual Core family
The dsPIC33CH family is optimized for high-performance digital power, motor control and other applications requiring sophisticated algorithms
System developers designing high-end embedded control applications with multiple software teams can benefit from a new family with two dsPIC® Digital Signal Controller cores in a single chip enabling easier software integration. The dsPIC33CH has one core that is a master while the other is a slave. The slave core is for executing dedicated, time-critical control code while the master core is busy running the user interface, system monitoring, and communications functions, customized for the end application.
The dsPIC33CH is designed to facilitate independent code development for each core by separate design teams and later enables seamless integration when they are brought together in one chip. The dsPIC33CH family is optimized for high-performance digital power, motor control and other applications requiring sophisticated algorithms. This includes applications such as wireless power, server power supplies, drones and automotive sensors.
- Simplified firmware development with dual independent cores
- Dual cores and peripheral sets facilitate robust systems and improve functional safety
- First dsPIC33 with CAN-FD for robust communication with increased bandwidth
- Maximum analog integration including high-speed ADCs, DACs with waveform generation, analog comparators and PGAs for increased functionality in less space
- Live update of firmware for high-availability systems, especially important for power supplies
- Digital Power
- Motor Control
- High-Performance Embedded
dsPIC33CH Development Boards
The dsPIC33CH is supported by Microchip’s MPLAB® development ecosystem including MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Supported by the popular MPLAB Code Configurator (MCC) tool, setting up pin assignments, peripheral modes and application stacks has never been easier and customers can bring their design to market faster than ever before.
- dsPIC33CH Curiosity Board
- Motor Control Plug-In Module
- General Purpose Plug-in Module