Maxim Integrated MAXM22511
MAXM22511 - 2.5kVRMS complete isolated RS-485/RS-422 module transceiver with integrated isolated power
The MAXM22510 and MAXM22511 isolated RS-485/RS-422, full-duplex, transceiver modules provide 2500VRMS (60s) of galvanic isolation between the cableside (RS-485/RS-422 driver/receiver side) and the UART-side of the device. An integrated DC-DC powers the cable-side of the module. No external components are required.
Isolation improves communication by breaking ground loops and reduces noise when there are large differences in ground potential between ports. These devices allow for robust communication up to 500kpbs (MAXM22510) and 25Mbps (MAXM22511).
The MAXM22510/MAXM22511 operate from a single 3.3V supply on the UART-side. An integrated DC-DC converter generates the 3.3V operating voltage for the cable-side of the module.
The devices include one drive channel and one receive channel. The receiver is 1/4-unit load, allowing up to 128 transceivers on a common bus.
Integrated true fail-safe circuitry ensures a logic-high on the receiver output when inputs are shorted or open. Undervoltage lockout disables the driver when cable-side or UART-side power supplies are below functional levels.
The driver outputs and receiver inputs are protected from ±35kV electrostatic discharge (ESD) to GNDB on the cable-side, as specified by the Human Body Model (HBM).
The MAXM22510/MAXM22511 are available in an LGA 44-pin package and operate over the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- Space Saving Solution
- Fully Integrated Module for Compact Design
- High-Performance Transceiver Enables Flexible Designs
- Integrated DC-DC for Cable-Side Power
- Compliant with RS-485 EIA/TIA-485 Standard
- 500kpbs Maximum Data Rate for the MAXM22510
- 25Mbps Maximum Data Rate for the MAXM22511
- Allows Up to 128 Devices on the Bus
- Integrated Protection Ensures for Robust Communication
- ±35kV ESD (HBM) on Driver Outputs/Receiver Inputs
- 2.5kVRMS Withstand Isolation Voltage for 60 Seconds (VISO)
- 630VPEAK Maximum Repetitive Peak-Isolation Voltage (VIORM)
- 445VRMS Maximum Working-Isolation Voltage (VIOWM)
- Withstands ±10kV Surge per IEC 61000-4-5
- Thermal Shutdown
- Building Automation
- Industrial Automation
- Power Meters
- Programmable Logic Controllers
Register for MyMaxim
Registering for MyMaxim allows you to get the most up to date information about Maxim Integrated! You can subscribe to their newsletters, market updates, select product interests and peruse their massive video library.
Have a question? Contact us