XENSIV™ TLE5501 E0001 - 360° TMR-based angle sensor that detects the orientation of a magnetic field
The new XENSIV™ TLE5501 angle sensor family is a milestone: Infineon is the first supplier in the market to achieve the highest automotive functional safety grade ASIL D for angle sensors with only one single sensor chip.
The TLE5501 is a 360° TMR-based angle sensor that detects the orientation of a magnetic field. This is achieved by measuring sine and cosine angle components with Tunneling Magneto Resistance (TMR) elements. These raw signals (sine and cosine) are provided as a differential output signal and can directly be further processed within a micro controller. The large output voltage of the bridge renders any further signal amplification unnecessary.
- Large output signals of up to 0.37 V/V for direct microcontroller connection
- Discrete bridge with differential sine and cosine output
- Very low supply current: ~2 mA
- Magnetic field range (20 mT to 100 mT)
- Typ. angle error ~ 1.0 ° (over temperature and lifetime)
- DSO-8 package
- Pin compatible to TLE5009
- Cost benefit as no internal amplifier needed due to the TMR technology’s high sensing sensitivity
- Cost benefit due to TMR technology’s very low temperature drift reducing external calibration and compensation efforts
- Very low current consumption, which is as low as 2 mA for TLE5501
- Cost-efficient drop-in for applications using the pin-compatible established Infineon TLE5009
- Steering Angle Sensor (SAS)
- Top column module & gear selector
- BLDC motor commutation (e.g. wipers, pumps and actuators)
- Angular Position Sensing
- Electric Motors
- Industrial Applications like Automation, Robotics or Gimbal
Sharper Senses - Sharper Portfolio
Advanced sensing techniques make cars safer for their occupants and other road-users.
Links & Documents
Have a question? Contact us