Allegro A4926 - automotive half-bridge MOSFET driver
The A4926 is an N-channel power MOSFET driver capable of controlling MOSFETs connected in a half-bridge arrangement and is specifically designed for automotive applications with high-power inductive loads, such as brush DC motors solenoids and actuators.
The A4926 is intended for automotive systems that must meet ASIL requirements. In common with other Allegro A2SIL™ products, this device incorporates features to complement proper system design, allowing users to achieve the required ASIL level.
A unique charge pump regulator provides full gate drive for battery voltages down to 5.5V for most applications. A bootstrap capacitor is used to provide the above-battery supply voltage required for N-channel MOSFETs.
The half bridge can be controlled by independent logic-level inputs or through the SPI-compatible serial interface. The external power MOSFETs are protected from shoot-through by a programmable dead time.
Integrated diagnostics provide indication of multiple internal faults, system faults, and power bridge faults, and can be configured to protect the power MOSFETs under most shortcircuit conditions.
In addition to providing full access to the bridge control, the serial interface is also used to alter programmable settings such as dead time, VDS threshold, and fault blank time. Detailed diagnostic information can be read through the serial interface.
The A4926 is supplied in a 20-lead eTSSOP (suffix LP). This package is lead (Pb) free, with 100% matte-tin leadframe plating (suffix –T).
Features & benefits
- Half-bridge MOSFET driver
- Bootstrap gate drive for N-channel MOSFET bridge
- Cross-conduction protection with adjustable dead time
- Charge pump regulator for low supply voltage operation
- 5.5 to 50 V supply voltage operating range
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Bridge control by direct logic inputs or serial interface
- Programmable gate drive
- Programmable diagnostics
- A2SIL product—device features for safety-critical systems
- Anti-lock braking systems (ABS)
- HVAC (blower fan)
- DC pumps (fuel, oil, water)
- Solenoids and actuators
- Similar industrial applications