Winning Combination for a high voltage motor driver from Renesas
Rensas highlights a high-voltage motor application suitable for appliances, HVAC compressors and fans, etc. They combine power factor correction, now required by many power providers, to produce a clean and stable 390VDC to the motor control sub-system.
- Single-phase PFC boost controller to provide stable bus voltage (390VDC) for the system
- Universal input voltage support (85-240VAC)
- Power factor as high as 0.999, efficiency up to 98%
- High performance op-amps for conditioning the shunt voltage for fast sampling
- High-speed ADC (1uS) with multi S/H to simplify motor phase current sampling
- Efficient FOC algorithm that leaves plenty of MCU cycles for other tasks (communication typical)
Ethernet Switches in Vehicles' E/E Architectures
The quantity of electronics content found in a modern car is quite staggering. Back in the 1990s there would have only been a relatively small number of electronic controls units (ECUs) taking care of a few key tasks. With the advent of advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) technology and the integration of increasingly more sophisticated in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) features, things are proving to be very different today.
We have now reached a stage where nobody really doubts that it will be Ethernet that forms the foundation of in-vehicle networking infrastructure in the future. Avnet Silica partners with Marvell to help develop cutting-edge customer solutions using the latest Ethernet Technologies.
Discover why Ethernet Switches in particular, will have a critical role in vehicles E/E architectures.GET WHITEPAPER