El Camino was founded in 1999 by former long-term employees of Altera. The name of the current Altera development environment, Quartus, goes back to a suggestion from one of the founders of El Camino.
As an Altera Design Services Network (DSN) Partner and with know-how gained through many years of first-hand experience, El Camino offers all services in the area of programmable logic. By using modern tools, such as Qsys or DSP Builder from Altera, the client receives a very well-structured project. The use of standard blocks or interfaces and their combination with modules developed specifically for the client result in transparent systems that are easily handed over, and can easily be maintained by the client. FPGA projects can be either turnkey projects or be executed in close cooperation. The latter, in particular, results in efficient development of know-how on the client side and enables clients to manage their own future projects, even those that are challenging or large.
For FPGA development, our services include the following:
- Design, implementation, verification, and documentation
- Implementation with Quaruts, Qsys or DSP Builder in VHDL, Verilog, AHDL, Schematic or even OpenCL
- From partial design to turnkey according to your specifications or our suggestions
- Conversion of discontinued ASICs and ASSPs
- Optimization of existing designs
- Layout and production of prototypes, functional models, and evaluation systems
- Production and testing of small series production
- Management and support for large series production