Maia is a single embedded low cost wireless M-Bus RF Module developed specially for the AMR (Automatic Meter Reading) smart metering and smart grid infrastructure where the Wireless M-Bus standard (EN13757-4) and OMS standards are used.
Its high quality, small form factor: 15mm x 14mm makes it ideal for SMD assembly. The module offers low power consumption which is achieved with STM’s ultra-low power microcontroller STM 32L05 and SPIRIT1, the low power Sub-GHz data rate transceiver. Also on board is an ultra-miniature balun, BALF-SPI-01D3 matching SPIRIT1 and supporting the connection to an external antenna, therefore saving space and cost.
In addition, Maia includes an industry proven wireless M-Bus and OMS-layer to OMS 3.X and OMS 4.X specifications. As the user can integrate their region-specific application layer there is no need for an external host controller. The module is also pre-certified and conforms to EUR & TTE directives.
- Small size 15 mm x 14 mm for SMD mounting
- 1.8 – 3.8 V supply voltage, ultra low power modes
- Low power down to 0.27uA
- Completely shielded
- Output power: +12dBm
- Conforms with EU R&TTE directive
- Wireless m-Bus EN13757-4:2013 and OMS stack with application examples for several kind of meters
- Users application space for customer application
- Targeted for easy and fast time to market wireless m-Bus and OMS applications
- Wireless m-Bus
- Automatic Meter Reading (AMR)
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
- Gas and water meters
- Electricity meters
- Heat meters, heat cost allocators
- Readers and concentrators