Reliable connectivity sets strong analog designs apart
Connectivity is critical to so many smart solutions—and that doesn’t stop being the case in inhospitable environments. That’s exactly why Maxim Integrated has developed an impressive family of connected interface and wireless communication ICs that lead the industry in protection and connection.
Many applications like let’s say any automotive on board communication system are inherently hard on electronics, which is why Maxim’s reliable connectivity devices are built to perform under the harshest conditions. And, with longstanding expertise in RS-485 connectivity technology, you can be sure that their products will serve your design well. Explore Maxim’s reliable device portfolio for yourself.
Reliable connectivity solutions
- Targeted for industrial control, instrumentation, lighting systems, and PROFIBUS applications
- Available in both industry-standard packages and small spacing-saving packages
- Exceed high-ESD and fault protection to increase robustness and time in the field
- Fast data rates (> 10Mbps) to service a majority of applications
- Pioneered integration of charge pump and inverter for single-supply operation
- ESD-protected RS-232 transceivers:
- save board space by integrating protection circuitry
- control transmitter short circuits with current limiting
- RS-232 transceivers protect transmitter and receiver up to ±70V, without affecting transceiver IC
- AutoShutdown Plus™ technology allows low shutdown currents for power-saving applications
- Controller Area Network (CAN) is a two-wire, half-duplex, high-speed serial network
- Used to communicate between network nodes without loading down a system microcontroller
- Interface between the CAN protocol controller and the physical wires of the CAN bus lines
- Highest fault-protected CANH/CANL data lines to help withstand accidental shorts
- Integrated high-ESD circuitry provides protection from inadvertent strikes
- Isolated CAN transceivers provide high withstand voltage, high fault protection, and high ESD
- Standard 3 – 5.5V supplies, but allow a range of ±25V input signals above- and below-the-rails
- No need for multiple switches/muxes to switch both high- and low-voltage signals
- Ideal for general-purpose system signal routing and industrial analog front-ends
- Point-of-sale (POS) connector sharing, industrial analog inputs, handheld instrumentation, ATE, and audio/data switching
- Connecting building blocks for enhanced IoT, smart technology, and communication markets
- High-performance solutions support critical wireless, mobile, automotive, and cable designs
- Building block ICs: power amplifiers, RF transceivers, RF receivers, RF transmitters, low-noise amplifiers (LNAs), and an extensive range of RF mixers
Links & Documents
- Free Whitepaper: Efficient power in analog is made easier with IQ.
- Article: Redefining nanopower for IoT
- Article: The Right Connectivity
- Article: Blending Features Impacts Analog Technology
- Article: Discretes vs. Op Amps
- Article: Design for Reliability
- Webinar: 3 Ways to Make Your System More Robust
Maxim Integrated essential analog toolkit
Technology is growing smaller with each passing generation, but performance demands only continue to rise. Fortunately, Maxim Integrated has a comprehensive portfolio of high-performance analog products that you can leverage in your next design. And right now, for a limited time, you can win a sample kit containing all of their best offerings.
The Maxim Essential Analog toolkit contains a group of parts carefully selected to represent 20 product categories, highlighting key performance areas from power efficiency to precise measurement, reliable connectivity and robust protection. These advanced integrated circuits (ICs) showcase an impressive range of features, including low power, low noise, multi-channel, high resolution, high accuracy and high speed.
Ready to optimize your designs and strengthen your systems? Enter to win!