Efficient power for analog design
From your smartwatch to your home security system’s control panel to an entire office building’s automated lighting or air conditioning, power efficiency is a major priority. When the stakes are high, you simply cannot afford for your device to fail, which is precisely why Maxim Integrated has developed a portfolio of high-efficiency power conversion ICs.
Maxim’s efficient power ICs offer extended battery life in compact form factors, thanks to low voltage, low quiescent current solutions. This makes them optimal for a range of handheld or portable designs that depend on an internal power source. See how Maxim’s efficient power solutions can work for you.
Efficient power solutions
Step-Down (Buck) Switching Regulators
- Balance of high performance, wide temperature range operation and compact size
- Ultra-low quiescent currents extend battery life in single lithium-ion and coin-cell batteries
- Synchronous operation offers superior conversion efficiency
- Multi-mode operations ensure high light-load efficiency
- Compliant with EN55022 standards to provide reliable operation
Step-Down/Step-Up (Buck-Boost) Regulators
- Output a regulated voltage level either higher or lower than an input voltage
- Lithium-ion battery-powered systems swing from a value above or below what is needed
- Ideal for powering wireless communication modules, sensors, and microcontrollers
Low-Dropout Linear Regulators (LDOs)
- High accuracy and low-noise operation with very small dropout voltage for audio systems
- Low dropout voltages of LDOs reduce heat dissipation for compact portable applications
- High output accuracy allows closely regulated voltages on active termination busses
- Ultra-low noise ensures precise system measurements
Continua Reversible Buck/Boost Regulator
- Reversible buck-boost regulator delivers peak efficiency
- Manages all aspects of charging and discharging secondary battery power sources
- Preserves critical system functions in the event that the secondary battery runs low
BUY NOW: MAX38888ATD+
Links & Documents
- Free Whitepaper: Efficient power in analog is made easier with IQ.
- Article: Redefining nanopower for IoT
- Article: The Right Connectivity
- Article: Blending Features Impacts Analog Technology
- Article: Discretes vs. Op Amps
- Article: Design for Reliability
- Webinar: 3 Ways to Make Your System More Robust
Maxim Integrated essential analog toolkit
Technology is growing smaller with each passing generation, but performance demands only continue to rise. Fortunately, Maxim Integrated has a comprehensive portfolio of high-performance analog products that you can leverage in your next design. And right now, for a limited time, you can win a sample kit containing all of their best offerings.
The Maxim Essential Analog toolkit contains a group of parts carefully selected to represent 20 product categories, highlighting key performance areas from power efficiency to precise measurement, reliable connectivity and robust protection. These advanced integrated circuits (ICs) showcase an impressive range of features, including low power, low noise, multi-channel, high resolution, high accuracy and high speed.
Ready to optimize your designs and strengthen your systems? Enter to win!