Low power drives
Small fans and pumps are widely used not only in home appliances but also in industrial applications.
Also, for these low power drives there is a clear demand for inverterization driven by more stringent regulations as well as growing customer awareness.
As a global leader in power semiconductors, Infineon’s portfolio includes alternatively a wide selection of discrete components ranging from gate drivers through MOSFETs to IGBTs to microcontroller.
|Click to enlarge image||Click to enlarge image|
Additionally, Infineon Technologies offers highly integrated solutions like intelligent power modules (IPM) or ready-to-use motor controller (iMOTION™), making it easy to improve the energy efficiency of the drive by adding an inverter.
Intelligent power modules (IPM)
The CIPOS™ IPMs are families of highly integrated, compact power modules designed to drive motors in applications ranging from home appliances, fans, pumps to general purpose drives.
CIPOS™ Nano is designed for high efficiency consumer, residential and light industrial applications, including rectifier, converter, inverter in power management circuits and motor drives for hair dryer, air purifier, ceiling fan, circulation pump and ventilator.
- Cost savings from smaller footprint and reduced PCB space
- Easy implementation of 2 or 3-phase motor drives w/half-bridge IPMs
- Half-bridge configurations enable Eliminates heat sink
- Same PCB footprint to address multiple application markets (100VAC – 230VAC)
CIPOS™ Micro is perfect made for low power motor drive applications including fans, pumps, air purifiers and refrigerator compressor drives. It offers a cost effective power solution by leveraging industry standard footprints and processes compatible with various PCB substrates.
- Easy to design-in, fast time to market
- Same PCB design can address multiple markets (100VAC – 230VAC) with the same IPM package
- UL certified package and temperature sensor
Digital motor controller (iMOTION™)
iMOTION™ is a family of Infineon’s highly integrated products for the control of a variable speed drive.
iMOTION™ IMC100 series are high performance motor control ICs for variable speed drives based on field oriented control (FOC) of permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM).
Furthermore this family takes advantage of the latest evolution of Infineon’s field-proven motion control engine (MCE 2.0) to accomplish high efficiency control of a variable speed drive. The new generation of the MCE implements several new features and the IMC100 family will be the base for the future advancement of the MCE.
Lowest cost and pin count derivative for single motor control:
Incl. power factor correction (PFC) control and scripting:
- Fastest time to market
- no programming required
- easy motor parametrization and tuning
- Easiest way of adding active PFC control (IMC102T-F064)
- Lowest BOM cost
- no external OPAMP or comparators required
- single shunt sensorless FOC operation(leg shunt/ hall sensors optional)
- direct VAC sensing for PFC control
- Full protection for power stage and motor
- Full flexibility on gate driver and power stage