Control integrated power system intelligent power modules (CIPOS™ IPMs)
Depending on the level of integration and power to be handled, Infineon offers a variety of IPMs available in different packages and diverse voltage- and current classes. These IPM portfolios include CIPOS™ Nano, CIPOS™ Micro and CIPOS™ Mini families.
- Short time-to-market
- Increased reliability
- Reduced system cost
3-phase or half-bridge with MOSFETs
CIPOS™ Nano is a family of ultra-compact, patent pending, power modules for high efficiency and light industrial applications, including compressor drives for automation systems. By utilizing an innovative packaging solution, the CIPOS™ Nano family delivers a new benchmark in package size, offering up to a 60 percent smaller footprint compared to existing 3-phase motor control power IPMs and even eliminating the need for an external heat sink.
- IRSM836-045MA - 3-phase inverter for 230 VAC
- IRSM836-084MA - 3-phase inverter for 110 VAC
- IRSM807-045MH - Half-Bridge for 230 VAC
- Cost savings from smaller footprint and reduced PCB space
- Easy implementation of 2 or 3-phase motor drives w/half-bridge IPMs
- Half-bridge configurations enabling heat sink elimination
- Same PCB footprint addressing multiple application markets (100 VAC – 230 VAC)
Solution for low power motor drive applications
CIPOS™ Micro is a family of compact IPMs for low power motor drive applications including fans, pumps, air purifiers and refrigerator compressor drives.
They offer DC current ratings ranging up to 4.6 A to drive motors up to 90 W without heatsink and up to 250 W with heatsink. CIPOS™ Micro family products are available in both through-hole and surface mount packages.
- IRSM506-076DA - 4A, 600 Vdss Intelligent Power Module
- Ease of design and short time-to-market
- Wide range of current and voltage ratings in the same package
- Wide range of modules for 110 VAC or 230 VAC applications in the same footprint
- Lower losses compared to similar modules in the market
Intelligent power modules (IPM) 600 V / 4 A−30 A
CIPOS™ Mini modules integrate various power and control components to increase reliability, and to optimize PCB size and system costs. This simplifies the power design and reduces significantly time-to-market.
These modules are designed to control AC motors in variable speed drives for applications from 4 A up to 30 A such as air conditioning, washing machines, refrigerators, vacuum cleaners, compressors and industrial drives.
- High integration (bootstrap circuit, thermistor) for easy design and system space saving
- Single platform possible from 4 A to 30 A
- Enhanced robustness of the advanced IGBT, gate driver IC technology
- Smaller package and high power density