Toshiba Electronics Europe TC78H670FTG motor driver IC
TC78H670FTG is suited for use in USB powered and battery-powered applications as well as with standard 9-12 V system devices
TC78H670FTG is suited for use in USB powered and battery-powered applications as well as with standard 9-12 V system devices.
The micro-stepping control allows motors to be operated smoothly and quietly with reduced vibration and improved rotation angle accuracy.
Safety features like overcurrent detection, thermal shut down and open-load detection are incorporated. It is housed in a QFN16 package.
The footprint of 3x3mm, along with the elimination of the two current sense resistors by incorporating on-chip current detection, contributes to significant cost and space-saving in designs.
- 128-Step Microstepping
- ACDS: Advanced Current Detection System
- Compact QFN-16 Package (3.0 x 3.0 mm)
- High Maximum Motor Current of 2 A
The new device offers low BOM cost, high motor current, and ultra-silent operation
- Much higher step resolution than conventional stepper drivers
- Two costly and bulky shunt resistors on the PCB can be omitted
- Larger motors can be driven without the need for external MOSFETs
- Ultra-silent operation and less vibration with improved rotation angle accuracy
- Reduced BOM cost and smaller PCB footprint
- No external shunt resistors save approx. 0.1USD and significant PCB space
- No need for external MOSFETs leads to reduced cost and PCB space
- 3D Printers
- Security Cameras
- Portable Printers
- Handheld Scanners
- Battery-Powered Medical Devices
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents