NXP Semiconductors KM35 MCU Family
KM3x MCU Family enables high accuracy, secure 1-, 2- & 3-phase electricity metering solutions through a powerful analog front end (AFE)
KM3x MCU Family enables high accuracy, secure 1-, 2- & 3-phase electricity metering solutions through a powerful analog front end (AFE), by integrating auto-compensated iRTC with HW tamper detection, segment LCD controller, rich security protection and low power features.
The KM3x MCU family includes three subfamilies: KM33, KM34, and KM35; the key differences being the 24-bit sigma-delta model number to address the metering requirement for different regions.
Based on 75MHz Arm® Cortex®-M0+ core, KM35 MCUs offer up to 512 KB flash, 64 KB SRAM, and additional integrated peripherals.
- Analog Front End
- Security & HMI
- Rich Enablement
- Enabling single-chip 1,2 & 3-phase meter designs
Analog Front End
- High accuracy AFE with 4 x 24-bit Sigma-Delta ADCs for simultaneous voltage and current measurement.
- 16-channel, 16-bit SAR ADC inputs for accurate measurement of phase voltage in 3-phase applications
Security & HMI
- Cortex®-M0+ core, memory protection unit, cross-bar peripheral bridge, GPIO, and DMA enable compliance with WELMEC & OIML standards
- Active and passive tamper pins with automatic time stamping to protect against external intrusion
- HW encryptions (MMCAU – DES, 3DES, AES, MD5, SHA-1/SHA-256)CRC (16/32 bits) for data integrity
- Comprehensive peripheral library drivers included in the MCUXpresso ecosystem
- Filter and FFT based metrology firmware provided free-of-charge
- TWR-KM35Z75M NXP Tower System Module compatible with multiple peripheral modules from NXP and third parties
- Certified 1,2 & 3-ph reference designs + metrology firmware
- Product Longevity Program (15 years)
Enabling single-chip 1,2 & 3-phase meter designs
- AFE, Security & HMI. Single crystal implementation
- Single point of calibration during manufacture
Reaching new levels of memory density and integration
- Up to 512 KB Flash Memory and 64 KB SRAM
- Memory Mapped Cryptographic Acceleration Unit (MMCAU) for AES encryption
- Electricity Meters
- Flow Meters (e.g., Heat, Water, Gas)
- Industrial Measurement and Sensing
TWR-KM35Z75M Tower System Module
The TWR-KM35Z75M board is designed to work either in standalone mode or as part of the NXP Tower System, a modular development board platform that enables rapid prototyping and tool re-use through reconfigurable hardware. Begin constructing your Tower System evaluation board platform today by visiting www.nxp.com/Tower for additional Tower System boards and compatible peripherals.
- Tower-compatible microcontroller module
- KM35Z512VLQ7 MCU (75 MHz, 512 KB Flash, 64 KB RAM, low power, LQFP144 package)
- USB interface with micro-B USB connector
- Large 160-segment glass LCD
- On-board debug circuit: Open source SWD (OpenSDA) with virtual serial port
- Three-axis accelerometer/anti-tamper tilt sensor (MMA8451Q)
- Three user-controllable LEDs
- Two user push-button switches for GPIO interrupts
- One user push-button switch for tamper detection
- One user push-button switch for MCU reset
- Headers for direct GPIO and ADC access
- External tamper pins
- Independent, battery-operated power supply for real-time clock (RTC) and tamper detection modules
- IRDA support
- NTC temperature sensor
- General-purpose tower plug-in (TWRPI) socket
The TWR-KM35Z75M is enabled using NXP MCUXpresso SDK, MCUXpresso Config Tools, MCUXpresso IDE and a large partner ecosystem.
Integrated development environments
- IAR Embedded Workbench®
- Arm Keil® Microcontroller Development Kit
- NXP MCUXpresso
- An open-source software development kit (SDK)
- An easy-to-use integrated development environment (IDE)
- A comprehensive suite of system configuration tools, including pins, clocks, SDK builder and more
- Broad Arm ecosystem support through NXP Connect partners
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents