Vishay VCNL3040 proximity sensor with interrupt IRED and I²C interface
The VCNL3040 integrates a 12-bit/16-bit proximity sensor (PS) and a high power IRED into one small package
The VCNL3040 integrates a 12-bit/16-bit proximity sensor (PS) and a high power IRED into one small package. It incorporates photodiodes, amplifiers, and analog to digital converting circuits into a single chip by CMOS process. The sensor has individually programmable high and low thresholds that can be used to trigger interrupts, offering the best utilization of microcontroller resources and reduced power consumption.
- Proximity Sensor
- Programmable Interrupt Function With Adjustable Presistence
- Integrated Modules: Infrared Emitter (IRED), Proximity Sensor (PS), Signal Conditioning IC
- Low Power Consumption I2C (SMBus compatible) Interface
- Immunity to Red Glow (940 nm IRED)
- Programmable IRED Sink Current
- Intelligent Cancellation to Reduce Cross Talk
- Smart Persistence Scheme to Reduce PS Response Time
- Selectable For 12-bit/16-bit PS Output Data
- Package Type: Surface-Mount
- Dimensions (L X W X H in mm): 4.0 x 2.0 x 1.1
- Temperature Compensation: -40 °C to +85 °C
- Floor Life: 168 h, MSL 3, According to J-STD-020
- Output Type: I2C Bus (PS)
- Operation Voltage: 2.5 V to 3.6 V
- Handheld Devices
- Consumer Devices
- Industrial Application
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents