Toshiba Electronics Europe TLP5231 IGBT/MOSFET
The TLP5231 is a pre-drive photocoupler for medium to high current IGBT and MOSFET
The TLP5231 is a pre-drive photocoupler for medium to high current IGBT and MOSFET, for industrial inverters and photovoltaic (PV) power conditioning systems. The new pre-drive photocoupler delivers various built-in functions*, including an overcurrent detection by monitoring collector voltage. Toshiba's TLP5231 controls the gates of medium to high current IGBT and MOSFET by using external p-channel and n-channel complementary MOSFET as buffers. It is housed in a tiny SO-16L surface mount package.
[*] Gate signal soft turn off, fault feedback function
- Smart Gate Driver with built-in protection circuit
- Dual output driver
- Peak output current ±2.5 A
- Gate signal soft turn off, fault feedback function
- Dual outputs with built-in active timing control, suitable for driving p-channel and n-channel complementary-MOSFET buffers
- Configurable gate soft turn-off time using another external n-channel MOSFET when overcurrent is detected.
- Fault signals are output on the primary side when overcurrent is detected by monitoring collector voltage, or when a UVLO is detected.
- Can drive p-channel and n-channel MOSFET
- No external protection circuit needed
- Simplifies design tasks
- SO16L package with high isolation performance for safety-critical applications
- IGBT and power MOSFET gate drivers (pre-drivers)
- AC and brushless DC motor control
- Industrial inverters
- Photovoltaic (PV) power conditioning systems
- Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents