Toshiba Electronics Europe TC78B009FTG motor controller
The TC78B009FTG is a three-phase brushless motor control pre-driver IC that does not require Hall sensors
The TC78B009FTG is a three-phase brushless motor control pre-driver IC that does not require Hall sensors. Designed for applications that include high-speed fans used in servers, blowers, cordless vacuum cleaners, and robot vacuum cleaners.
A built-in closed-loop speed control function regulates and maintains the motor rotational speed under dynamic power fluctuations and load variations.
Precise setting of a speed profile is done by the built-in non-volatile memory (NVM) and the TC78B009FTG therefore eliminates the need for an external MCU for closed-loop speed control.
- Sensorless Drive
- NVM-Based Integrated Closed-Loop Speed Control
- Integrated Gate Driver Supporting 8 Selectable Levels of Gate Drive Current
- Reduced Noise and Vibration (150° Commutation)
- Rotational position is detected by the induced voltage. No hall sensor and less cabling required
- Regulates motor speed during torque load changes without an MCU
- Offers flexible choice of external MOSFETs and allows adjusting the FET slew rate
- Reduction of mounting area, cabling and cost (IC & Motor)
- Constant rotational speed to achieve a constant performance for the use case (i.e. cooling performance in case of a fan). BOM might be reduced as no MCU is required.
- In a platform approach, the MOSFETs can be dimensioned to match the motor current requirements of a certain product that is based on that platform
- Reduced size and cost (Sensorless)
- Wide range of motor current via external power MOSFET
- Uniform rotation speeds up to tens of thousands RPM without MCU (closed-loop)
- Configuration of multiple MCDs via a single I2C bus
- Current monitor allows real-time adjustments
- High Velocity Cooling Fans
- Vacuum Cleaners
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.