STMicroelectronics L6983 38V 3A step-down converter
L6983 is an easy to use synchronous monolithic step-down regulator capable of delivering up to 3 A DC to the load
L6983 is an easy to use synchronous monolithic step-down regulator capable of delivering up to 3 A DC to the load. The wide input voltage range makes the device suitable for a broad range of applications. The L6983 is based on a peak current mode architecture and is packaged in a QFN16 3 x 3 with internal compensation thus minimizing design complexity and size.
2 versions are available :
- LCM (low consumption mode) to maximize the efficiency at light-load with controlled output voltage ripple.
- LNM (low noise mode) with switching frequency constant and minimized output voltage ripple.
- 3.5 V to 38 V Operating Input Voltage
- 17 μA Quiescent Current
- LCM (Low Consumption Mode) Version for High Efficiency at Light Loads
- LNM (Low Noise Mode) Version for Noise-sensitive Applications
- Output voltage from 0.85 V to VIN
- 3.3 V and 5 V fixed output voltage versions
- 3 A DC output current
- Internal compensation network
- 2 μA shutdown current
- Internal soft-start
- Overvoltage protection
- Output voltage sequencing
- Thermal protection
- 200 kHz to 2.2 MHz programmable switching frequency. Stable with low ESR capacitor
- Optional spread spectrum for improved EMC
- Power Good
- Synchronization to an external clock for LNM devices
- QFN16 package
- Designed for 24 V Buses industrial Power Systems
- 24 V Battery Powered Equipment
- Decentralized Intelligent Nodes
- Sensors and Always-on Applications
- Low Noise Applications
- 38 V, 3 A synchronous step-down switching regulator evaluation board based on the L6983CQTR
- 38 V, 3 A synchronous step-down switching regulator evaluation board based on the L6983NQTR
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents