Power Integrations SIC1182K single channel SiC MOSFET gate driver IC
The SIC1182K is a single channel gate driver with up to 8 A output current in an eSOP-R16B package for SiC MOSFETs
The SIC1182K is a single channel gate driver with up to 8 A output current in an eSOP-R16B package for SiC MOSFETs.
It comes along with a new feature, combining short-circuit protection (at and during turn-on phase) as well as overvoltage limitation by SiC advanced active clamping (at turn-off phase) through a single sensing pin.
In case driven semiconductor provides a current-sense terminal, an adjustable over-current detection can be realized.
Reinforced galvanic isolation is provided by Power Integrations’ revolutionary solid insulator FluxLink technology.
- Overvoltage limitation (SiC Advanced Active Clamping)
- Short-circuit current fault detection and turn-off in typically 2µs
- ±8 A peak gate output current
- eSOP-R16B package with FluxLink™ technology provides reinforced isolation for up to 1200 V
- Ultrafast short-circuit monitoring
- Over-current detection for SiC MOSFETs with current-sense terminal
- UVLO primary and secondary side
- Rail-to-rail stabilized output voltage
- Unipolar supply voltage for secondary-side
- Suitable for 600 V / 650 V / 1200 V SiC MOSFET switches
- Up to 150 kHz switching frequency
- Propagation delay jitter ±5 ns
- -40 °C to +125 °C operating ambient temperature
- High common-mode transient immunity
- eSOP package with 9.5 mm creepage and clearance
- Undervoltage lock-out protection for primary and secondary-side including fault feedback
- 100% production partial discharge test
- 100% production HIPOT compliance testing
- Reinforced insulation pending VDE V 0884-10 certification
- UL 1577 recognition pending
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant
- General purpose and servo drives
- Photovoltaic converters
- Uniteruptible power supplies
- Welding inverters
- DC/DC chargers for electric vehicles
- Commercial EVs