OSRAM OSLON® P1616 High power IR emitter (850nm/940nm)
The more we rely on our digital companions, the more important the security of sensitive data on our Smartphone or Smartwatch becomes
The more we rely on our digital companions, the more important the security of sensitive data on our Smartphone or Smartwatch becomes. Various methods of biometric identification provide the user with security and form a reliable "lock" against unwanted access. For manufacturers of mobile devices, the size of the individual components plays a central role in the design of their products.
Osram's new infrared-LEDs (IREDs) SFH 4170S and SFH 4180S meet this demand by being the smallest biometric products with the specially developed OSLON® P1616 package (1.6 mm x 1.6 mm x 0.85 mm).
- About 50 % Less Space Required Compared to Similar Products Today
- Wavelength Options 850 nm and 940 nm
- Optical Power of 1150 mW at 1 A and a Radiation Intensity of 280 mW/sr
- Double Stack Emitter
- The particularly compact dimensions of the specially developed Oslon P1616 package (1.6 mm x 1.6 mm x 0.85 mm) make the SFH 4170S and SFH 4180S require about 50 percent less space compared to similar products today.
- Depending on the final application, customers can choose between the 850 nm (SFH 4170S) or the 940 nm (SFH 4180S) version. SFH 4170S benefits from the very high sensitivity of the sensors in this wavelength range, SFH 4180S avoids the "red glow" effect, which can be seen by the human eye and is unpopular in consumer applications.
- Both IRED devices provide an outstanding power of 1150 mW at 1 A and a radiation intensity of 280 mW/sr. 2D face recognition focuses on two-dimensional features of the user's face (e.g. the length of the bridge of the nose or the distance between the eyes). In order to reliably compare the image stored in the system with the current picture, the infrared camera must be able to capture the best possible images – making homogeneous illumination of the face with an infrared light source a central aspect of this application
- Access Control (IRIS/Vein Scan, Face Recognition)
- Eye Tracking
- Gesture Recognition
- Safety and Security, CCTV
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents