NXP QN9080SIP ultra-small module based on the QN9080 Bluetooth MCU
Supporting Bluetooth 5, the QN9080SIP module is designed to power the next generation of ultra-small, portable connected wireless devices, providing easy pairing with NFC NTAG
The QN9080SIP, an ultra-small module based on the QN9080 Bluetooth MCU and NT3H2211 NTAG®, delivers industry-leading low power consumption along with a rich feature set and FCC/CE/IC/MIC certification making it an ideal solution for wearables and battery powered applications.
Supporting Bluetooth 5, the QN9080SIP module is designed to power the next generation of ultra-small, portable connected wireless devices, providing easy pairing with NFC NTAG.
NXP also offers a comprehensive enablement of software and tools to help the designs reach the market faster and more robust.
- System in Package with high integration and small form factor
- Bluetooth LE 5.0 qualified
- Certification: FCC (US), IC (Canada), CE (EU), MIC (Japan)
- Ready-to-use for applications requiring Bluetooth and simple pairing with NFC NTAG
The QN9080SIP integrates NTAG for out-of-band pairing. By tapping an IoT device based on the QN9080SIP with an NFC reader embedded device, a Bluetooth Low Energy connection can be established quickly simplifying the pairing process.
The module is based on the QN9080 MCU powered by a Cortex-M4F. It also integrates NFC NTAG, 32 MHz & 32 kHz Crystals, RF matching and 2.4 GHz antenna, and a DC-DC converter circuit and is certified to FCC, CE, IC, and MIC regulations offering a complete and ready-to-use solution for applications requiring Bluetooth Low Energy wireless connectivity and simple pairing with NFC NTAG. This level of integration reduces overall system size, complexity and shortens the development time.
- Bluetooth 5.0 certified
- 2.4 GHz antenna
- 32 MHz and 32.768 kHz crystals
- NFC NTAG
- Cortex-M4F core at 32 MHz
- 512 KB flash, 128 KB RAM
- TX output power from -20 dBm to +2 dBm
- RX sensitivity: -92.7 dBm in 1 Mb/s mode，-89 dBm in 2 Mb/s mode
- Support master/slave concurrency
- Support 16 simultaneous links
- Support secure connections
- 48-bit unique BD address
- Single 1.67 V to 3.6 V power supply
- 1 μA power-down mode, to wake up by GPIO
- 2 mA power-down mode, to wake up by 32 kHz sleep timer, RTC and GPIO
- 4 mA RX current at 3 V supply in 1 Mb/s
- 3.5 mA TX current at 0 dBm TX power at 3 V supply in 1 Mb/s mode
- 32 GPIOs
- 8 external 16bit ADC
- 2 Analog Comparator
- UART/SPI/I2C up to 2
- 1 USB 2.0 full speed
- 2 ultra-low power comparators
- SCT/PWM8 CH capacitive touch
- Quad-SPI for XIP
- 6 x9.7x1.11mm LFLGA
- 40 to +85°C
- Consumer / Wearable
- Health and Medical Devices
- Sports and Fitness
- Gaming / Entertainment
- Home / Building automation and control
QN9080SIP DK (Part Number: QN9080SIP-DK)
The QN9080SIP DK board is designed to make it as easy as possible to get started with your project based on QN9080SIP module. Each kit contains one QN9080SIP DK board and one QN9080 based dongle.
The QN9080SIP DK board integrates buttons, Piezo buzzer, LED for easy way to reset chip and indicate chip status. The DK board also provides useful interfaces such as USB port for UART communication and CMSIS debug.
- Contains QN9080SIP module (QN9080-001-M17)
- Contains CMSIS-DAP offering SWD and UART interfaces for QN9080SIP debug and communication
- Mini USB port for power and communication port
- Arduino interface to easy system prototyping
The QN9080SIP reuses the software development platform of the QN9080 Bluetooth Low Energy MCU and includes a rich suite of example applications and software in a complete software development kit (SDK) compatible with the latest toolchains from Arm-Keil, IAR,
and NXP’s MCUXpresso. The software is fully compatible with QN9080.
A reference example for Bluetooth Low Energy pairing using NFC is also offered on NXP website.
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents