NXP Semiconductors MRF24G300HS 300 W GaN RF energy transistor
The MRF24G300HS delivers up to 73% drain efficiency, 5% above the latest LDMOS
The new RF Energy GaN transistor from NXP is one of the first solid-state devices that exceeds the efficiency of magnetrons. The MRF24G300HS delivers up to 73% drain efficiency, 5% above the latest LDMOS. The naturally high output impedance of GaN enables a more broadband match than LDMOS, enabling manufacturing consistency: no production tuning is needed. GaN on SiC combines the high power density of Gallium Nitride with the superior thermal conductivity of Silicon-Carbide. At 48 V, the MRF24G300HS outputs 330 W of CW power. The MRF24G300HS has been designed for CW and long pulses (cycling).
- 73% Efficiency at P1dB Enabling One of The Lowest Power Consumption Systems on The Market
- High Gain and Lower Power Dissipation Reduces Total Cost
- Easier to Match Thanks to High Output Impedance Ensuring Consistency in Manufacturing
- Accurate Power Control, Larger Mean Time to Failure, Easy-to-Use
- Advanced GaN on SiC, for optimal thermal performance
- Characterized for CW, long pulse (up to several seconds) and short pulse operations
- Device can be used in a single-ended or push-pull configuration
- Input matched for simplified input circuitry
- Qualified up to 55 V
- Suitable for linear application
- Industrial Heating; Welding; Drying
- Emerging Applications; Tune and Magnetron Replacement
- Cooking; Microwave Oven
- Medical; Diathermy; Ablation
NXP's MRF24G300HS reference circuit has been designed to leverage the high efficiency of GaN-on-SiC for RF Energy applications at 2.45 GHz. The class C design removes the need for a complex power up sequence typical to GaN, with the gate voltage remaining steady at -5 V. For best heat dissipation, the transistor and the PCB are both soldered on a copper baseplate that fits into a compact 2.0″x2.8″.
- RF Energy for Industry 4.0
- Industrial Heating, Plastic Welding
- Smart Cooking: Microwave Oven
- Medical: Diathermy, Microwave Ablation
- Emerging Applications: High Level of Control Enabled by Solid-State RF Energy Opens The Door to New Use Cases.
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents