NXP LS1028ARDB Reference Design Board
The Layerscape® LS1028A reference design board (LS1028ARDB) is designed to exercise most of the capabilities of the LS1028A SoC
The Layerscape® LS1028A reference design board (LS1028ARDB) is designed to exercise most of the capabilities of the LS1028A SoC. The LS1028A is dual-core 64-bit Arm® Cortex®-A72 based processor for industrial IoT applications, human machine interface solutions, and industrial networking.
The LS1028ARDB can help reduce time to market. The board serves as a reference for HW development, is also used as a debug tool to check behaviors seen on a custom board. Developers use the reference design board for SW development and performance evaluation prior to the completion of a system design.
- Reference for custom board development
- Debug tool to check behavior on the board compared to custom board designs
- Pre-loaded embedded Linux® Software Development Kit (SDK) for Layerscape processors
- Overall development time and cost reduction
The LS1028ARDB supports two active m.2 slots that can support a combination of PCIe or SATA interfaces, a full size SD card slot, two USB 3.0 ports, and a DisplayPort interface. In addition, there are 5 TSN-enabled Gb Ethernet ports that are connected to the 4 port Ethernet switch and independent Ethernet controller on the LS1028A. The board is expandable with 2 mikroBUS™ sockets that can be used to add a variety of low speed peripherals, such as GPS, NFC, BLE, ZigBee or Thread connectivity.
- Layerscape LS1028A dual-core processor based on Cortex-A72 at 1.3 GHz
- ECC on internal L1, L2 caches for high-reliability applications
- 4 GB DDR4 SDRAM w/ECC
- 32-bit DDR4 bus at data rates up to 1600 MT/s
- 256 MB QSPI NOR flash
- 512 MB QSPI NAND flash
- 8 GB eMMC
- SDHC port connected to full-size SD slot
- x1 RJ45 connector for 1Gbps Ethernet support w/TSN, 1588
- x4 RJ45 connector for 1Gbps Ethernet switch support w/TSN, 1588 (QSGMII)
Basic Peripherals and Interconnect
- 2x M.2 Type E slots with PCIe Gen 3.0 x1
- 1x M.2 Type B slot with SATA 3.0 (resistor mux with 1 Type E slot)
- 1x Type A USB 3.0 super-speed port
- 1x Type C USB 3.0 super-speed port
- DisplayPort interface
- 2x DB9 RS232 serial ports
- 2x DB9 CAN interfaces
- 1x 3.5 mm audio out
- 2x MikroBUS™ sockets
- Robotics Control
- Motion Control
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Industrial PC
- Industrial HMI
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents