NXP LPC54S0xx interfaces for IoT applications
Offering flashless design and security integration, the LPC540xx/LPC54S0xx family of MCUs combines a 180 MHz Cortex®-M4 core with a power-efficient and unique architecture
Offering flashless design and security integration, the LPC540xx/LPC54S0xx family of MCUs combines a 180 MHz Cortex®-M4 core with a power-efficient and unique architecture, advanced HMI and flexible communication peripherals for real-time performance in the next-generation IoT. Featuring flexibility with a quad SPI flash interface, CAN, graphic LCD and up to 11 channels for FlexComm, this family provides the ability to adapt as requirements change. Compatibility within the LPC54000 series provide a seamless migration path for increasing processing power and additional advanced peripherals.
- Real-time Performance and Extremely Low Active Power
- Advanced security capabilities including SRAM PUF for Key Generation and Storage
- Advanced HMI & Flexible Communication Peripherals
- Comprehensive Enablement
Extremely Low Active Power with 180MHz Performance and Security
- Arm Cortex-M4 core running up to 180MHz with active modes of 120 μA/MHz
- SRAM PUF for Key generation and storage
- Secure Boot
- AES engine, SHA-2
Advanced HMI & Flexible Communication Peripherals
- Up to 21 flexible communication peripherals to interface with memory, connectivity modules, and a variety of sensors
- Numerous wake-up sources, ample timers
- Integrated TFT control allows to keep the overall cost and complexity to a minimum
- Complimentary MCUXpresso IDE and Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Integration of Segger’s emWIN Graphics Library into SDK
- Faster time to market with comprehensive development hardware and reference designs
- Industrial, Building, Energy, General Embedded
- Diagnostic equipment
- Industrial control devices
- Data Aggregator & Comms Hub
- Building control & automation
- HVAC control
LPCXpresso54S018 Board (LPC54S018-EVK)
The LPC54S018-EVK development board has been designed to enable evaluation of and prototyping with the LPC54S0xx MCU devices leveraging the high-performance Arm® Cortex®-M4 core and the advanced security capabilities featured in the LPC54S0xx MCU family. The board is comprised of target LPC54S018 device with an on-board, CMSIS-DAP / SEGGER® J-Link compatible debug probe. The onboard probe is compatible with MCUXpresso IDE and other leading toolchains such as those from Keil™ and IAR®. The board is also equipped with a standard 10-pin header enabling the use of 3rd party debug probes. In addition to standard LPCXpresso V3 features, this board includes a complete set of peripheral interfaces to enable developers to fully explore the capabilities of LPC54S0xx devices.
MCUXpresso configuration tools and extensive SDK drivers/examples, including the examples for the security features supported in the LPC54S0xx MCU devices, are available for the board at mcuxpresso.nxp.com.
- LPC54S018 microcontroller
- Onboard, high-speed USB, Link2 debug probe with CMSIS-DAP and SEGGER J-Link protocol options
- UART and SPI port bridging from LPC54S018 target to USB via the onboard debug probe
- Support for external debug probe
- 3 x user LEDs, plus Reset, ISP (3) and user buttons
- Multiple Expansion options, including Arduino™ UNO and PMod
- Built-in power consumption measurement for target LPC54018 MCU
- Winbond 128Mb W25Q128JVFIM Quad-SPI flash
- Winbond 128Mb W9812G6JB-6I SDRAM
- Knowles SPH0641LM4H digital microphone
- Full size SD/MMC card slot
- NXP MMA8652FCR1 accelerometer
- Stereo audio codec with line in/out
- High and full speed USB ports with micro A/B connector for host or device functionality
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet (RJ45 connector)
- Optional 480x272 capacitive touch TFT LCD screen (available separately)
There is also an accessory LCD board that customers can buy separately. It is a 4.3” display, part number RK043FN02H-CT.
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents