NXP Kinetis KE1xZ64/32 5V robust MCUs with Touch and CAN
The Kinetis E Portfolio is a 5V MCU family with MCUs ranging from 8KB up to 512KB Flash, M0+ or M4 cores, and peripherals as CAN, Touch, and ECC to address a variety of applications
The Kinetis E Portfolio is a 5V MCU family with MCUs ranging from 8KB up to 512KB Flash, M0+ or M4 cores, and peripherals as CAN, Touch, and ECC to address a variety of applications.
The KE1xZ64 MCUs are based on Cortex-M0+, with up to 48 MHz, up to 64 KB flash and 8 KB RAM with a complete set of analog/digital features, KE1xZ64 extends Kinetis E family with smaller footprint options along with TSI and CAN.
- KE14Z: broad offering with mixed-signal integration, ADC, ACMP, Timers, PDB
- KE15Z: expansion from KE14Z, with addition of TSI
- KE16Z: expanding from KE15Z, with addition of CAN
- Robust for harsh EMC environment
- Capacitive Touch Sensing solution that provides a compelling user experience
- Rich feature integration for industrial and motor control
- Scalable Portfolio
Robust for harsh EMC environment
With 2.7-5.5 V supply and focus on exceptional EMC/ESD robustness, Kinetis E family is well suited to a wide range of applications in electrical harsh environments.
TSI solution in Kinetis E series supports both self-cap and mutual-cap mode, flexibility for up to 25 touch sensing channels. Its auto tuning provides strong liquid tolerance for User Interface designs with a high level of stability and accuracy.
KE1xZ64 has rich interfaces integrated
- CAN bus
- Flexible PWM and timers
- 1Msps 12-bit ADC, 1Msps
KE1xZ64 product family is based on CM0+ core running at 48 MHz, offering multiple memory options: 64KB/8KB or 32KB/4KB Flash/SRAM with lower cost. It expands the KE1xZ series down to 64KB and 32KB flash options, 8KB and 4KB SRAM options, leading to optimized BOM cost.
CM0+ core with up to 64KB/8KB memory, max 48MHZ
- Support both self-cap and mutual-cap mode
- 25ch, support up to 36 touch pads
- Auto tuning in the performance
- High performance in the liquid tolerance
CAN bus for industrial control
Rich features for motor control
- Flexible PWM and timers
- 12-bit ADC, 1Msps
Ease of Use
- MCUXpresso with GUI touch config tool and SDK
- NXP Touch Library
Low BOM Cost
- Optimized memory and feature set
- Home Appliance
- A/C, washer, MWO, induction cooker etc.
- UI, main board control (touch, non-touch)
- Motor and Power Control
- Motor, inverter and fan control
- Low power UPS communication and UI control
- Industrial Control
- Factory automation, HMI control, alarm monitor
- Elevator external calling board
- Circuit breaker, MCCB/ACB
- General 5V Robust Use Cases
FRDM-KE16Z Freedom Development Board
The FRDM-KE16Z Freedom Board is designed to work in standalone mode or as the main board of FRDM-TOUCH. This Freedom board is compatible with DC 5v and 3.3v power supply and features a KE16Z. The onboard interfaces include an RGB LED, a 6-axis digital sensor, a 3-axis digital angular rate gyroscope, an ambient light sensor, CAN control interface and capacitive touch pad.
- MKE16Z64VLF4 MCU (Arm® Cortex® CM0+ 48LQFP package)
- I/O headers for easy access to MCU I/O pins
- Compatible with FRDM-TOUCH, FRDM-MC-LVBLDC, and Arduino™ boards
- Onboard debug circuit: K20DX128VFM5 (OpenSDA) with a virtual serial port
- NXP inertial sensor, FXOS8700CQ
- Reset push button, two user buttons and one RGB LED
- Touch electrodes in self-capacitive mode
- CAN communication interface
The FRDM-TOUCH is a Touch Module for FRDM-KE15Z and FRDM-KE16Z with Capacitive Touch sliders. This board can connect FRDM-KE15Z/ and FRDM-KE16Z and control the on-board RBG LED by using keys, slider and rotary touches.
- Touch Module for FRDM-KE15Z and FRDM-KE16Z
- Easy and simple way to evaluate the touch pad, slide and wheel.
- Including self-cap and mutual-cap modes
The FRDM-K16Z is enabled using NXP MCUXpresso SDK, MCUXpresso Config Tools, MCUXpresso IDE and a large software partner ecosystem.
Integrated development environments
- IAR Embedded Workbench®, iar.com/kinetis
- Arm Keil® Microcontroller Development Kit, keil.com/nxp
- NXP MCUXpresso, nxp.com/mcuxpresso
- An open-source software development kit (SDK)
- An easy-to-use integrated development environment (IDE)
- A comprehensive suite of system configuration tools, including pins, clocks, SDK builder and more
- Broad Arm ecosystem support through NXP Connect partners
Online enablement with Arm mbed™ development platform
- Rapid and easy Kinetis MCU prototyping and development
- Online mbed SDK, developer community
- Free software libraries
- Common boot-loader for all Kinetis MCUs
- In-system Flash programming over a serial connection: erase, program, verify
- ROM- or Flash-based boot-loader with open-source software and host-side programming utilities
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents