NXP i.MX RT106L local command voice solution
NXP's MCU-based solution for local voice control leverages the i.MX RT106L crossover processor at up to 600 MHz, enabling developers to quickly and easily add voice capabilities to their products
NXP's MCU-based solution for local voice control leverages the i.MX RT106L crossover processor at up to 600 MHz, enabling developers to quickly and easily add voice capabilities to their products. This ultra-small form-factor, turnkey hardware design comes completely integrated with all software to get local voice control proofs of concept and prototypes up and running, including microphones, an audio amplifier to drive a speaker and pre-integrated Wi-Fi/BLE.
This solution also provides a single point of contact for support, licensing of NXP & 3rd party software, and procurement of NXP parts.
- Best-in-class Silicon, Single Point of Contact For Support, Licensing & Procurement
- Near-production Ready Hardware, Cost and Form-factor Optimized
- Pre-integrated Production Ready Software, Fully Tested & FCC/CE Certified
- Plug & Play Out-of-the-box Experience
The i.MX RT106L is similar to other i.MX RT1060 family members but includes a run time license for all the turnkey SW needed for local voice control, including machine learning audio front-end for far-field voice, and an automatic speech recognition engine that can support up to 30 commands in over 60 languages.
It comes with all far-field audio processing algorithms, including noise suppression, echo cancellation, beamforming, and barge-in capabilities, to enable use in acoustically difficult environments.
This cost-effective, easy to use local voice control implementation facilitates the demand for ubiquitous voice control embedded in a diverse variety of products across home, commercial and industrial. It eliminates the need to deploy dedicated stand-alone voice control devices such as smart speakers or smart displays.
Out of the box, the SLN-LOCAL-IOT kit comes with an example wake word (or trigger), "Hey NXP" and 28 example commands in 4 groups: audio device control; smart home (IoT); washing machine; and some generic commands suitable for prototyping to be used in place of commands that aren’t available.
- Arm Cortex-M7 MCU based automatic speech recognition (ASR)
- i.MX RT106L – 600 MHz, 1 MB SRAM
- MCU lowers BOM cost ~50% compared to MPU implementations
- Eliminates SDRAM, eMMC Flash, PMIC, 6+ layer board
- Familiar MCU platform for IoT developers
- No Linux & MPU learning curve for RTOS developers
- i.MX RT106L bundles ASR & ML/AI AFE SW for far-field
- Local voice eliminates cost, latency & privacy issues of cloud
- NXP’s turnkey solution slashes time-to-market
- The full reference design, software source, schematics, BOM & layout
- From concept to product launch in less than 6 months
- Smart Lighting, Shade, and Fan Controls
- Smart Switches, Dimmers, Plugs, and Outlets
- Thermostats, Room Air Conditioners, and (de-)Humidifiers
- Alarm Panels, Glass Break Sensors, Smoke and CO Detectors
- Set-top Boxes, Home Gateways, and Routers
- Garage Door Openers and Access Panels
- Smart Toys
- White Goods (Fridge, Washer, Cooktop, Wine Cooler, etc.)
- Countertop (Microwave, Coffee Maker, Multicooker, etc.)
- Industrial Automation, and Hands-free Process Control
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents