Infineon XDPL8221 for advanced, smart and connected LED driver
The XDPL8221 is a digital, highly integrated, future-proof device
The XDPL8221 is a digital, highly integrated, future-proof device. It combines a quasi-resonant PFC with a quasi -resonant flyback controller with primary side regulation. A serial communication interface supports direct communication with external MCU. The XDPL8221 is especially designed for advanced LED driver in smart lighting or IoT applications. The multi control feature constant voltage, constant current and limited power enables highly, versatile LED driver (e.g. window LED driver).
- Supports AC and DC input
- Reference board efficiency > 90%
- Power factor > 0.9 and THD < 15% over wide load range
- UART interface and command set
- Nominal input voltage range 100VAC – 277VAC or 127VDC – 430VDC
- Standby power < 100mW
- Temperature guard with adaptive thermal management with internal and/or external sensor
- Digital control selects automatically best mode of operation, depending on actual requirements
- QRM (quasi-resonant mode)
- DCM (discontinuous conduction mode)
- ABM (active burst mode)
- Tunable, digital parameters
- Configurable brown-out and brown-in protections
- Relevant error conditions are monitored and protected (Undervoltage / Overvoltage / Open load / Output shorted)
- indoor or outdoor applications
- Multi-mode LED driver for connected lighting
- Wired or wireless connected LED driver
50 W / 100 W LED driver — efficient and flicker-free reference circuit design with high power factor and low THD
The REF-XDPL8221-U50W and REF-XDPL8221-U100W work as an efficient and flicker-free reference design with XDP™ digital power and serial interface for a 50 W LED driver. This board is an efficient and flicker-free reference circuit design for XDPL8221 with high power factor and low THD (total harmonic distortion). The REF_XDPL8221_U50W accepts universal input voltage range. It serves to evaluate the functionality and design space of the XDPL8221.
50W Order Code: REFXDPL8221U50WTOBO1
100W Order Code: REFXDPL8221U100WTOBO1
Many characteristics are programmable by parameters such as output values and protections. It provides a connector for IF-BOARD.GEN2 (for use with dp.Vision tool).
The galvanic isolated and CE certified .dp InterfaceGen2 is used to set parameters and protection behavior for XDP™ digital power products. It can be used to either test parameter temporarily or to burn them permanently. The .dp device will be connected via USB to a computer and is controlled using the .dpVision software. Order Code: IFBOARDDPGEN2TOBO1
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.