Infineon EiceDRIVER™ 1EDN TDI gate driver ICs
Infineon’s low-side gate driver ICs with truly differential inputs solve ground shift challenges in Switched Mode Power Supplies
Infineon’s low-side gate driver ICs with truly differential inputs solve ground shift challenges in Switched Mode Power Supplies and prevents false triggering of power MOSFETs in industrial, server and telecom SMPS, wireless charging applications, telecom DC-DC converters, power tools and solar micro inverters. Choosing Infineon’s reliable low-side gate driver ICs with truly differential control inputs translates into higher power density, more robust and more efficient designs at a lower cost than traditional solution
- Truly differential inputs
- 4 A source current
- 8 A sink current
- Separate source/sink outputs
- Low-ohmic output stage
- 29 ns input minimum pulse width
- 7 ns propagation delay accuracy
- 5 A reverse current robustness of the outputs
- 4 V and 8 V UVLO versions
- SOT-23 package, 6 pins
- Control inputs independent from gate driver GND
- Fast Miller plateau transition
- Fast shut-off
- No diode voltage drop → Near zero gate voltage at turn-off
- Low power dissipation within gate driver IC
- Up to 15 MHz switching speed
- No Schottky clamping diodes required
- Fast and reliable MOSFET turn-off
- Small size
- Telecom and telecom bricks
- DC-DC converters
- Power tools
- Industrial SMPS
- Wireless charging
- Solar micro inverter
Half-bridge buck converter evaluation board using the EiceDRIVER™ 1EDN TDI
This evaluation board is intended to show the strengths of the EiceDRIVER™ 1EDN TDI (1EDN8550B or 1EDN7550B), family of single-channel low-side gate drivers with innovative truly differential inputs (TDI) concept.
The TDI concept is intended to overcome driving issues when DC offset (DC GND shift) or AC voltage drops (AC GND shift) are existing between the driver and the microcontroller ground potentials. Common situations characterized by DC and AC GND shifts are, respectively, the driving of high-side devices and the driving in noisy environments with significant stray inductance on the ground path.
This evaluation board allows to evaluate the proper 1EDN TDI driving with AC and DC ground shifts generated on purpose. The half-bridge design using the 1EDN TDI as high-side driver is intended to provide further evidence of its DC ground shift robustness.
Order code: EVALHBBC1EDN8550BTOBO1
Buy online and see datasheets:
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.