WeEn Trench Schottky diodes as high performance rectifiers
Schottky power diodes are widely used as rectifiers in the switching mode power supplies.
Schottky power diodes are widely used as rectifiers in the switching mode power supplies. As unipolar devices, at turn-off only the capacitive charging of the junction capacitance need to be considered. This makes them very popular in high switching frequency applications. Compared with Gen1 Schottky diodes, WeEn Gen2 Scchottky diodes have optimized VF, lower leakage current and improved long term reliability. Right now 100V/ 20-40A TO-220/D2PAK diodes have been released.
- Low VF
- Low switch loss
- Low reverse leakage current
- High IFSM capability and Avalanche ruggedness
Gen2 schottky diode is manufactured on 8 inch wafer, which can get excellent parameter uniformity.
1. With state-of-art trench technology, low VF is achieved
2. Low switch loss is achieved
3. The electric field near the junction is reduced by the trench structure under reverse bias, which can reduce it’s reverse leakage current and improve its long term reliability.
By proper design and process optimization, Gen2 schottky diodes can be used in AC/DC and DC/DC converters
Do you have a Question?
If you need any assistance, please click below to find your closest EBV sales office.
Links and documents