STMicroelectronics STPW12 programmable electronic power breaker
Connected in series to the power rail, it is able to disconnect the electronic circuitry on its output if the power consumption overcomes the programmed limit
The STPW12 is an integrated electronic power breaker, optimized to monitor the input power.
Connected in series to the power rail, it is able to disconnect the electronic circuitry on its output if the power consumption overcomes the programmed limit. Due to this, the device automatically opens the integrated power switch and disconnects the load.
The intervention of the protection is communicated to the board monitoring circuits through a signal on the fault pin.
After a certain delay time, the device automatically tries again to close the internal switch and re-connect the load.
- Undervoltage lockout
- Continuous current typ.: 1.5 A
- Input voltage range: from 10.5 V to 18 V
- Real-time input power sensing
- P-channel on resistance typ.: 50 mΩ
- Power limit accuracy typ.: 3%
- Adjustable power limitation
- PWM mode
- Programmable power limit masking time
- Programmable auto-retry delay
- Thermal shutdown
- Enable function
- Short-circuit current limit
- Operative junction temp. - 40 °C to 125 °C
- Available in power SO8 package
- Simplifies UL compliance and certification
- White goods
- Consumer electronics
- Industrial applications
- Air contidioner
- User interface
- Fan motor control